Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Fair Trade Tobacco video channel

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Great suggestion by NotCrack to offer video tutorials.

This is in the initial developmental stages, so be patient.

Here's the idea...

Create a Youtube channel for FTT where forum members can submit video tutorials or any other related videos. I think this is a great idea as it will get the forum a huge boost in visitors and likely increase membership..

If anyone has any experience in setting up something like this, please let me know. I don't expect you to do it for free either...as a matter of fact, I would have to insist you accept at least some tobacco for your help.

Stay tuned for further developments.

notcrack

Are you going to create the channel, or do you want someone to whip one up and start posting videos?? I'm willing to start one tonight and put a few up. They won't be anything all that spectacular, but they will be something to build on no doubt.

I'll start recording something in the next hour.

leverhead

When I put that video of my shredder up on youtube, I started to read about letting them put ads in the beginning of the video. They split the revenue (some ratio) with you. I just blew it off and don't remember much about it. It might let you kill two birds with one stone.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
images
20,000[SUP]th[/SUP] post

Congrats LeverHead

leverhead

That'll work! You own both names, just not on youtube. Get the link to the forum in a good spot and then get the link to the store big and bold on the top of the page on the forum.

notcrack

I've just whipped up an injection tutorial. I'll get it uploaded right now. It's really basic, but I thought it would be good to have some basic ones for the beginners.

notcrack

Let the fun begin. I can't add to your channel directly, but if you want them let me know and I'll send over the raw files.

marksctm

I have only put one video, a 10 min video, on youtube and it took 2 hours.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or a different way or format
It was the video I posted on the model plane thread. off my computer.
You can PM me if it's shouldn't be posted on this thread.
Thanks,
Chris

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Upload speed is determined by a few different things, but usually slow speeds are due to your service provider. Remember how long it used to take to download stuff on dial-up?

The quality (resolution) of your video will increase the length of time it takes to load.

Check your speed here

You'll likely see the upload speed is 1/3 that of download.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'm probably thinking to hard about this and already don't like the ultimate potential of a video site, so I have to preface my next comment with a story...

About 25 years ago, I was sitting in a council meeting and the subject of library funding came up. There was a lot of conversation about the all of the people who use the library and of the future of the library. I commented something about the trend in books will be toward electronic devices that can store hundreds of books at a time and that lending a physical book would become obsolete. I finished up my comments with Libraries themselves will become Historical societies. Of course I was laughed at and the proposal to put the levy on the ballot was approved. I don't recall the outcome of the levy, but the library has indeed become the historical society.

In a day when everything has instant availability, I wonder how long it will be before these written forums are a thing of the past. When all we have to do is click on a button and just say what we have to say directly to the computer, how long will it be before video forums become the norm opposed to the exception?

I suppose it's the same idea with the library becoming the historical society...it's just the way of the future..., but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

With all of that being said, let's try to keep the videos limited to instructional type stuff and not comments about topics...for now.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I have only put one video, a 10 min video, on youtube and it took 2 hours.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or a different way or format
It was the video I posted on the model plane thread. off my computer.
You can PM me if it shouldn't be posted on this thread.
Thanks,
Chris

Your post is 100% relevant to the thread and should be posted here. This thread is basically a brain-storming session for the idea of starting a video forum.

Markw

That'll work! You own both names, just not on youtube. Get the link to the forum in a good spot and then get the link to the store big and bold on the top of the page on the forum.

As Leverhead has said try to get a big bold link to the store where everyone can see it. On another point has anyone looked into starting a Facebook Page/group. I would be the first to hit the like button. remember it is worldwide.

Mark