Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hookah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2md

Depends. The 2 I brought back from Afghanistan and Kuwait are all brass, the one I bought has a ceramic bowl. Remember not to light the tobacco directly with the flame, put some perforated tinfoil over the tobacco in the bowl, and put a lit coal on it. Hookahs vaporize the tobacco rather than burning it

SmokeStack

My Hookah has a ceramic bowl. Make sure the tin foil is wrapped tight around the bowl. When I first bought my Hookah, I could not get the dam thing to work. I thought it was leaking somewhere. But when I made a good seal around the edges and sides of the bowl with the aluminum foil, it worked like a charm.

It's been a while since I smoked my Hookah, maybe I'll fire it up tonight.:D

istanbulin

Founding Member
Ceramic and clay bowls are prefered. For sealing best material is leather but nowadays hard silicon sealings are in use. Coal heats the tobacco and releases the smoke (it looks like a pyrolysis). When tobacco ignites, taste of the smoke is very strange. The water in the glass filters and cools the smoke to make the smoke smoother.

I'm attaching a picture here, shows all parts of the hookah (nargile).

Boboro

Depends. The 2 I brought back from Afghanistan and Kuwait are all brass, the one I bought has a ceramic bowl. Remember not to light the tobacco directly with the flame, put some perforated tinfoil over the tobacco in the bowl, and put a lit coal on it. Hookahs vaporize the tobacco rather than burning it
This may be the problem I've had in the past. The one a have now chokes the hell out of me. What kind of tobacco is best and how si it prossed?

istanbulin

Founding Member
This may be the problem I've had in the past. The one a have now chokes the hell out of me. What kind of tobacco is best and how si it prossed?

Which tobacco do you use ? If you're smoking normal tobaccos in hookah (nargile) that you've growed , they will continue to choke you. Here is a video about how to prepare. He's using flavored ready to smoke nargila tobacco. You can find hookah (nargile or sisha) tobaccos online. Ready to smoke nargile tobaccos are produced with " Tombac ". You may smoke tombac alone with nargile but it's difficult to prepare and it's bowls are different.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Please see http://fairtradetobacco.com/showthread.php?1445-Tombac

These are the bowls used in nargile for flavored and unflavored tombacs (respectively)

45.jpg

46.jpg

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i dont think i have the lung power to use one of them,

notcrack

When my parents moved out to the UAE for a few years I used to visit them a fair amount just to soak up a new culture and the shisha was a really big pleasure of mine. You sit there smoking this stuff and it's really smooth so you can inhale a lot of smoke and then you just let out a huge plume. It was so satisfying.
My favourite thing about it was seeing the muslim women smoking it under their hijab and seeing this massive amount of thick white smoke escaping from every side.

notcrack

Also I should say the best leaf to make shisha out of is a un-aged virginia flue. It is naturally sweet and doesn't make you cough to much. BTW this is my opinion

Boboro

I got a hookah and some hookah tobacco. It has a ceramic bowl. tryed to watch some of the videos but my down load is to slow. The hookah tobacco I got has a jam like consistency and is sticky and sweet.I know how to do the foil but dont' know how to use the coals. Shoud I use coals from the fire pit or lump charcoal? They didnt sell coal at the tobacco store.

Matty

Use a natural bbq charcoal, not that pressed brick stuff. Get the charcoal lit and put it on the tinfoil, make sure you got some space between the foil and baccy. The main idea is to suck heat from the charcoal over the tobacco to make like a steam, not really smoke, you don't burn the tobacco

Seanz

Man I think I got to get me one of these, My flatmates and her kids are moving out in a month so I will be back to unrestricted tobacco consumption indoors and one of these would be nice set up next to my reading chair, alongside my pipes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.