Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Frank'in storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsouth

Banned
This one isn't much fun - 60 mph winds and a foot of snow...... too dang early for this kind of weather! I sure hope the power stays on because i'm running low on kerosene... hadn't bought wood yet this year.

"Some sweet day when blossoms fall/ and all the world's a song/ I'll go back to Georgia/ 'cause that's where I belong...... Georgia, Georgia, a song of you comes sweet and clear as moonlight through the pines"

marksctm

Anyone heard from jitterbugdude or Johnlee today ? Hope thing are ok for them .

Johnlee is off the grid, he said about 6 or 7 trees are down on power lines down the road. and the phone had just came back on.

istanbulin

Founding Member

I believe Deluxestogie may have had some of the bad storm .

I sent a message to jitterbugdude but I did not draw a reply. I hope he's safe but may be out of electricity. Godspeed.

Randy

First frost tonite...season finally over rite on time according to avgerges maybe normal winter this year..112F July 3rd to 32F Oct.30th..is this what they call TEMP ZONE ..lol

Randy

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
it's been in the 60's all day today, now that its nearly midnight we're 56 outside. it's colder in florida than in vermont today.

Randy

we got alot wind from the the storm "Frankin" we were on back-side of it srry abt the northeastern states..but the wind was from the north .always said "NOTHING good comes from the north" lol

Randy

johnlee1933

Founding Member

I believe Deluxestogie may have had some of the bad storm .

Watch yourselves -- Like Freddie I'm Baaaack.

My generator just wouldn't act the way it is supposed to and I couldn't get it started. Now I know what friends really are. One of them said "I have a spare. Come on over and pick it up. He was offered $1000 for it sight unseen and turned it down. Now, THAT's a friend. As of now it is working fine.
There was no damage on my property. One dree came down and missed the smoke house so closely the smoke pipe was demolished but the smokehouse and burner were untouched. Somebody up there likes me.

Damage was extensive especially to coastal areas. Many, many trees came down and the power grid is a mess. The power company said they are directing all their efforts to clear roads and restore power to hospitals and other key points and have no estimate as yet on a restoration schedule. As of now about 85% or the residential areas have no power. In Redding the First Selectman's house it still without power. Talk about a savvy politician!

I am fine and will repeat this on the forum next. Thanks for your concern.

Any word from JBD yet?

Boboro

Good to hear from you. Happy to hear you came out of it with out much damage.I hate to hear it caused so much destruction and loss of life up there.

Rayshields

Johnlee, you have fallen behind the folks in the Ozarks! During the big ice storm down there last year, it was widely reported that they had converted to wood burning computers? Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.