Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Question on legality of processing AFTER purchase of whole leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokesec

If they are swapping from store bought cigarettes to either RYO or whole leaf, they're probably saving $300.00 per month or more. These folks can afford a shredder. Tell them to go to www.wholeleaftobacco.com. Best service on the internet.

What do you think is a realistic price that they can afford? A hundred bucks doesn't buy much anymore.

The fact is that if the majority of my customers could afford a $300 shredder, they wouldn't be rolling their own in the first place. Even those that can afford a $300 shredder will most likely opt not too. The reason they are rolling is to "screw the government and its taxes", not because they can't afford it.

Sure, some of my customers will plunk down $300 for one. But how many? 10? 20? The numbers don't jive.

We're Americans and typical Americans want instant gratification with little effort. The more effort they have to put in to something, the less attractive it becomes. I've been in business for years and this is just the sad truth.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
We're Americans and typical Americans want instant gratification with little effort. The more effort they have to put in to something, the less attractive it becomes. I've been in business for years and this is just the sad truth.
Amen Brother. I don't know how many times I've heard "You make/cook/grow it your self? It's good. Can I buy some?" Sad, really sad. -- J

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'm in the process of setting up an account with the manufacturer. Once/if I can do this, I will make these shredders available at near cost which should be around $225.00

Everyone should relax and not get too excited over this right now.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Here is part of the rest of the story.

"With regard to retailers who sell such machines to consumers, MAP-21 also provides that a person who sells such a machine directly to a consumer at retail for a consumer's personal home use is not making the machine available for commercial purposes if:

(1) the machine is not used at a retail premises and

(2) the machine is designed to produce tobacco products only in personal use quantities.
As a result, in such cases, the retailer would not be considered a manufacturer of tobacco products
for purposes of the IRC. Additionally, a person who manufactures the machines or distributes the
machines to retailers would not be considered to be a manufacturer of tobacco products solely based
on that manufacturing or distribution activity.

TTB intends to provide additional guidance regarding the selling of such machines, and the meaning of the term "personal use quantities"
in relation to the sales of machines, as the need arises."

I'll add more as I find it.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The above language does not pertain to any 501c3 "clubs"...and that is where I'm seeing the vast majority of the business being directed.

Also, the above language does not prevent anyone from renting a shredder to anyone for any reason. Protecting yourself while renting shredders is a very simple process. Just like any rental agreement...if you don't pay the extra 15% for insurance on the tool and you break it...you buy it.

leverhead

TTB intends to provide additional guidance regarding the selling of such machines, and the meaning of the term "personal use quantities"
in relation to the sales of machines, as the need arises."

Assholes! They'll wait until it gets produced before they get to decide what's too big.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Over taxation with illegal regulation seems to be the biggest factor in today's world doesn't it...

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'm going to have the entire site backed up in it's current format. I see a day in the not too distant future where if you want to access the information on this site, you'll have to pop a CD into your computer.

"as the need arises"

Kiss my ass

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Here's another quote from the same law.

"A person making such a machine available for consumer use shall be deemed the person making the removal as defined by subsection (j) with respect to any tobacco products manufactured by such machine. A person who sells a machine directly to a consumer at retail for a consumer's personal home use is not making a machine available for commercial purposes if such machine is not used at a retail premises and is designed to produce tobacco products only in personal use quantities."

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
A person who sells a machine directly to a consumer at retail for a consumer's personal home use is not making a machine available for commercial
purposes if such machine is not used at a retail premises and is designed to produce tobacco products only in personal use quantities."

Sounds like they're getting ready to tell us how much we're allowed to consume.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
regulation of commodities hasn't seemed to work for any substance, legal or not.., nonetheless it does appear that way

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Yes, my ass has this little trick it does when someone it doesn't like kisses it. It's funny to watch, but I wouldn't want to be the one doing the kissing.

My ass has a peculiar sense of humor...I don't know where it gets it from.

smokesec

In my case, I don't want to push any boundaries. My state HATES tobacco and I've already had one run in with the Department of Revenue that is costing me a pretty penny. Don't need another one.

This law was crafted broadly on purpose so that they can target just about anything they deem to be "manufacturing" and/or a "tobacco product".

Granted, they cannot infringe on your personal liberty... but they can make it really hard for us business owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.