Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rabbit manure for fertlizer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i accuired a rabbit, and ive had him about 3 weeks, and did some researching on using rabbit poop. for fert's/

and what i found, is that among organic gardener's rabbit manure, is at the top of the list of thier prefference of manures, to use,

very high in nitrogen, and high in phosperous,

they suggest you let it compost for a while, before using,

and i plan on getting, about 4 more rabbit's, and start me a nice poop-pile,

so hopefully next feb. i'll be ready to start the '' sweetening'' of the soil, and gearing up for the upcoming grow,

ive used chicken manure for 2 years straight, so this year im going for the rabbit poop.:cool:

Markw

Ha Chicken that's correct Rabbit manure is the best, I wish I could get more of the stuff over here. looking at getting some meat rabbits for next year. Mind you the daughter is not very happy with the idea. how could the old man eat a lovely fluffy rabbit..

Mark

notcrack

Completely off topic (my apologies), but I've always thought that if you have an enemy you buy their kids a rabbit. The sodding things live for about 15 years and you need to do so much for them.

Sound like a good plan though, Boss. My in laws use it on their flower beds and it seems fairly decent. I have no idea to be honest though.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Rabbits are the best I hear too. Wife won't let me have any though because I will eat them

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i plan on running the poop thru one of my old hand-crank meat grinders, and get it from a small ball, to a substance, that can be '' side-dressed'' into the plant's area,

..it will mainly be my ''go-to'' item for when i start to side, dress,

but im hoping the phosperous thats in it, will continue, to be in the soil for when the bacca plant, starts getting the resin on the leaves,

WE HAVE BIG HOPES FOR THE UPCOMING GROW,

jeapadrenaline

I just stared raising meat rabbits again after a 20 year break. Man do they ever produce a lot of chocolate candy eggs lol. I currently have 2 females, 1 buck and 13 offspring 19 days old. Females have just been bred again yesterday, so in about 30 days i should have 2 more litters of 6-8 babies each. Maybe my baccy will do better next season, but i am loosing the cureing barn to my rabbits. May have to build another barn next year lol.

oldsouth

Banned
Ever try goat manure? Oddly, the turds are almost identical to rabbit... same diet.... BTW, alway compost your manure, so you don't end up with the FDA trying to source an e-coli outbreak to your garden!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
manure.jpg

Markw

Ha Chicken I hope that the rabbit manure goes well next year, I will be adding it to my compost heap. The best thing I have tried to date is the contents from an old pond, with all the old dead fish and fish poop and De-composed leaves etc. the plant grew like trees. come to think about it, my friend always digs in old fish heads and tails into his veg patch he always has fantastic vegetables.

Mark

Boboro

One year I was going to uee pond perch as fertlizer the damm coons dug up my garden. I hauled off about 10 of the mean as critters.

BarG

Founding Member
On rabbit fertilizer for your tobacco or veggies I would let it age and not use it fresh as it can carry the e-coli . On veggies that the leaves or fruit come in contact it could pass to the person ingesting. Ageing the manure makes it safe.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Rather than safety, ageing or making compost of an animal mannure will break up the organic compounds. So the plant can take them more rapidly and easily.
After composting rabbit manure, you may use it 1-2 pounds fertilizer for 1 squarefoot soil, according to your soil characteristics.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Chicken put some red wigglers under those rabbits. They seem to compost the pile for you and you never have to overpay for worms again.
We used to sell rabbits to restaurants and sold worms for a dollar a box and you got a full box too. Now it's 2-3 dollars for about 20 worms.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i agree, all ive read, has stated to let it compost before using it,

allthough it's high in phosporous, and nitrogen,

the exact things a bacca plant needs,

i have high hopes for next years crop,

we get better each time we grow,.. and this coming one, will be my 3'rd crop.

i know pretty much which seeds i want to grow, and which ones i will steer, clear of,

and with my new fertilizer delivery job,and the special mix, im gonna have blended,

and the creation of my massive, but very effective kiln i built,

so hopefully next year will be the beginning, of many years to come of, growing the perfect crop.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Do have a Havana strain you like/prefer?

John

i havent grew any havana,,

but ive read where, it is a good mix for cigg's, so i may experiment with it,

i think i have havaba seeds allready.

BarG

Founding Member

I just recently was asked if I wanted some horse manure for my garden so I said sure. I was out of town at the time and came home and found 4 tractor buckets spread around the perimeter of my baccy plot. Since then I chose a designated area for him to dump as high and wide as he wants. He has 4 adult thourobreds and 2 colts and fillys that are stabled often and fed a lot of grain, hay and alfalfa. Not bad for free. I spent close to a hundred dollars last season on composted cow manure.

Rayshields

Great score, BarG! A friend of mine grew tomatoes in horse hockey this year and even in a drought he had huge quantities of very tasty maters. I think it will do wonders for your baccy too.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.