Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
oldsouth, I am sorry to see you go. I am one of the new guys here so I hope you won't think I am acting too big for my shoes. But I have read your posts and some of them are really good and interesting topics. I am sure I am not alone here in saying you have been a valuable contributer to this forum. Won't you change your mind? Lets make a deal. If you stay, I will do a good deed today (not sure what but might be calling my mam, being nice to my sis, not kicking my dog, etc.). Well?
I agree. At times I too have a problem with hog tying my mind/mouth but I'm working on it. I think you have something to add to this forum and feel you may get something from it. Either way, The very best of luck to you.

DonH

I agree. At times I too have a problem with hog tying my mind/mouth but I'm working on it. I think you have something to add to this forum and feel you may get something from it. Either way, The very best of luck to you.

I support his decision to kick himself out if he can't handle putting a lid on posts that might offend others and if he can't interact with courtesy wih people of other religions and political orientations. I did enjoy his posts, though.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
politic's is a discussion that no-one win's,

i wouldnt ban yourself, because you got a infraction,

dont get BUTT-HURT, grab your ball and go home,?
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

just man-up,,,,lace your boot's up,,,,,,,, and continue to move forward,

we all look forward to seeing your upcoming grow, just like we look forward to showing you our's.

and helping you to become a top notch bacca grower,

IF YOU DO DECIDE TO LEAVE, just know this, thier is no bacca website, on the whole web, that is as active as F.T.T.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

so to leave here, and join another bacca website,

TO ME MAKES NO SENSE, YOUR NOT GONNA GET IMMEDIATE, REPLIES AS YOU DO HERE,

AND YOU do post a lot,

therefore i think you like this site,?

i'd say really think it over before you decide, to go somewhere else,!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy

My I ask what a "infraction" I was ask kindly by memeber here to "cool-it" on the politics stuff..whick I kindly said cool no-problem didnt mean to hurt anyone feelings I understand this is a growing tobacco site not some CNN or FOX politic form..bythe way if I did upset anyone here with few posts im sorry I was real upset at time but more mad at myself for letting it get to me I should be used to it by now LOL

Randy

oldsouth

Banned
Okay, so I just logged in and read all of the replies. First of all, let me say that I merely stated that I am leaving so that no one would worry - I've seen how folks on the forum care about each other and are concerned when a member becomes inactive. I didn't post it to be asked to stay, although I appreciate those who have.

Granted, emotions run high on the night of an election

***Edit by FmGrowit. Reason...removed all of the political bullshit.***

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I'm too old to be taught a lesson.

You just earned 3 more points. Do it one my time and you'll be banned.

Note to Mods. If he pushs the issue, select "delete as spam" and the program will take care of the rest.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Whenever anybody posts political stuff, I always send them a PM and ask them not to do it. When they do it again...they get an infraction. If you get 10 points...most of the time you'll get banned. There has never been anyone with more than 3 points (oldsouth) except for a guy who threatened me...he didn't get any points...just went straight to "banned".

By the way...threatening the presidents life (the second time) will get you banned too. Other than that...carry on. Am I asking too much?

Last edited:

skychaser

oooooo ..... an infraction. Do I get one? And some bonus points? I'm sure you disagreed with my now deleted comments too. I am sorry if we upset you. lol Geez, And I thought we were all adults here.

When I logged on here tonight I planned on posting a link about Missouri voting down more tobacco taxes. But that's political, so I won't bother. Your house, your rules. And I if I don't like it, I know where the door so....

Good luck to you oldsouth
Sorry to see you go

Steve2md

Seem like reasonable requests (read "rules") to me. As much fun as political and religious discussion can be between responsible adults, that kind of civility is just not possible on the internet. Good work Don.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Don- You do what you have to do to maintain the peace and you do a good job of it. I wouldn't want that job in a million years. I remember when you were threatened because he didn't like a gentle reminder to another member to stay on topic. He really lost it. I just want to say that one reason I don't mind folks straying off topic is because that's how I get to know the real person behind the keyboard.

If I'm going to give someone my name and address to order leaves or get some seed I want to feel a certain amount of trust for that person. You can't get that feeling just reading their grow logs or on topic tobacco posts. They are too impersonal. It's when they are winging it and showing their personality that you can get a feel for the kind of person they really are. Had D----- stayed on topic instead of going off on you and showing his true colors he might one day have had my whole name and address and I thank God that never happened. The guy was a total nutcase but kept it well hidden until that day he lost it.

You did the right thing with the immediate ban. You're not only administering a forum but some of our safety is in your hands too. That's a big responsibility and my hat is off to you for nipping things in the bud. You have to stop things before they get started if you can. You can't just keep stomping out fires sometimes you have to prevent the fire by jumping in at the first sign of smoke. You are highly respected here and appreciated. Just please keep in mind that if we are to be doing occasional business with each other on this forum a certain amount of off topic comment should be allowed to develop that trust. We also must control ourselves and not turn this forum into a wide open chat room. There are other sites for that. We know what to do. Let's do it.

Randy

I thought that Don..but AlabamaKnucklehead just wrote-it ..he jumped in front of me to get free stuff HaHa

Randy

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
They are too impersonal. It's when they are winging it and showing their personality that you can get a feel for the kind of person they really are. Had D----- stayed on topic instead of going off on you and showing his true colors he might one day have had my whole name and address and I thank God that never happened. The guy was a total nutcase but kept it well hidden until that day he lost it.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but

Dumb Ass

Dick Head

Dip Shit

are all allowed here.

Guy's, I'm probably way worse than you when it come to politeness (is that a word?), but I can't have guys challenging me over the rules. I ask nicely once...I ask nicely twice...then I get pissed off.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Don- The D------ was Daniel. He's the guy that threatened you. I just wasn't going to say it since he can have guys here in 24 hours like he told you he could. I was just making the point that had he not shown himself for what he is I might have one day ordered some of those seed bags he was selling. I don't want a dangerous nutcase having my name and address. The immediate ban I referred to was Daniel. I know you gave oldsouth chances and he banned himself. I said nothing bad about you and hope you didn't take it that way. I wasn't going on a rant I was congratulating you on a job well done. Most of the post was about Daniel and how it takes getting to know someone before we can trust them with our info.
And yeah Randy I'll take free stuff or more green dots. I like green dots. LOL I don't brown nose for nothing. Ass, gas or grass. Nobody rides for free.

notcrack

Who would have thought that emotions run so high when interested in whole leaf tobacco. What I like most about this forum is it has a very amusing parallel with activist/hippy forums. I think we have all met those vegetarians who think that due to their dietary choice they are a revolutionary. We are just a random cobbling of gentlemen (mostly ;)) who like smoking good tobacco and that's it really. Politics, religion, activism, sexuality, taxes, marriage, how many toes sloth's have, what is the best colour of a cat, Spiro Agnew, what blue smells of, the spiralling cost supermarket grapes and what happened to Mr Pibb are subjects best left to people who have forgotten the serenity prayer.

I'm going to roll a few cigarettes, smoke them while looking for Christmas presents for my children and feel happy that life really ain't that bad.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Not to veer of topic but Notcrack...Mr.Pibb is still here in the US, just saw it the other day, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.