Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

FTT on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
This is all entirely new to me, so if anyone has any advice, I'll be more than happy to listen to it.

Please use this forum instead of the facebook page to discuss any issues with the facebook site.

Please "fried" or "like" the facebook page also.

One of the features we'll be adding is the ability to log in to FTT with your facebook account. Also, please like any forum pages you think are useful.

Here is a link to the Facebook page

Last edited:

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Hey Don, being one of the technology-addicted modern day youth I would be glad to help. A lot of facebook pages will post discounts, deals, news, pictures etc. Pretty much a summary of the entire forum.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thanks guys.

Jeremy,

I have know idea how to do what you're suggesting. If you'd be interested in working on this with me (for me) I can trade tobacco for your time.

All I know about facebook is the main vBulletin site (this forum program) strongly recommends having a facebook page. Beyond that, I'm clueless as to why or what the big deal is all about.

Here's a link to a channel with the lay-out I want to copy. The different "featured playlists" will be the categories for "Rolling cigars", "Shredding Tobacco", "Processing whole leaf" etc. etc. Basically, the youtube site will become a video forum where people can post questions and comments to each video while not replacing the forum itself. This format concept does not exist as far as I know (which isn't a hell of a lot), so we should probably do some testing with how the videos will bring people to the forum page and register.

Maybe there is some way to automatically redirect the youtube comments to the forum(?)

Any help will be appreciated.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I'd be glad to help Don.

Facebook is a huge networking site. It's the FTT of well...the world. A lot of people from all over go to Facebook, if I "like" something, everyone that has access to my "wall" can see that I "liked" the page. Thus, it's a ripple effect, 1 person "likes" a page, a potential (for me) of 280+ people may see it, be interested, click on it, open it, read it, and pass it on.

To make a comment, click in the box "write something" and post it.

To upload a photo, click where it says photo and upload it there.

It is similar to how a forum is set up.

What are you interested in posting on there?

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Thanks guys.

Here's a link to a channel with the lay-out I want to copy. The different "featured playlists" will be the categories for "Rolling cigars", "Shredding Tobacco", "Processing whole leaf" etc. etc. Basically, the youtube site will become a video forum where people can post questions and comments to each video while not replacing the forum itself. This format concept does not exist as far as I know (which isn't a hell of a lot), so we should probably do some testing with how the videos will bring people to the forum page and register.

Maybe there is some way to automatically redirect the youtube comments to the forum(?)

Any help will be appreciated.

Is this going along with the Facebook website don? On facebook I know you can past a link (it automatically shows a screenshot of the video and a link to the youtube site) but the comments don't correlate between the two sites.

Edit:

Just saw you got confused, will wait for clarification

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'm with you Don,I don't get facebook but I do get its business aspect, in the same vein is Twitter, start an account and tweet specials and your followers can retweet them to their followers etc. Jeremy can probably explain it better.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
That's a good summary Smokes, if you're a person on Facebook, it's good just to talk to people share pointless crap at times. If you're a business, it's a good way to advertise. You can allow people to ask question, discuss issues etc, but, the page will clog up quickly and become a mess of information.

Another example is the community cork board at the local gas station. A lot of people put stuff up there, a medium amount of people actually look at it, facebook just allows people to put responses to your paper on the cork board so that everyone can see it.

There isn't a market place, but you CAN upload videos to facebook, you CAN post photos (and share them via the link at the bottom of the picture's page), post comments on anything any one posts (say that I make a comment saying "Great company don, I enjoy your business", Joe Shmoe can post a response to my comment underneath my initial comment)., they can comment on your pictures as well. If you post a link to anything it picks up a tag line, a screen shot etc that will make it stick out more on your facebook page.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The ultimate goal is to integrate all three sites (FTT forum, FTT facebook and FTT youtube). I don't know how to do that...yet.

If anyone has a video they already posted on the site and want it copied and moved to the youtube site, send me a link to the video and I'll do the rest.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I like Chickens Powermatic video and BigBonners plant topping and hand tying videos. I guess that is their decision though.

Status
Not open for further replies.