Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Anyone know anything about Silver River?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonH

Well they say Silver River doesn't need much aging, so I decided to taste some that has only just dried. It tasted really good and smooth! And this was an unfiltered roll-up. Unbelievable for zero aging. I'm sure aging will improve it but I'm really surprised. A good variety for first time growers who are impatient.

BarG

Founding Member
I inadvertantly got a six pack of silver river seedlings mixed in with my perique rows. I'm glad I did now because now I might have run out this year. Wait till it ages a year and I think you'll like it even more. I like to smoke it by itself for a change of pace.
I'm really glad I had a good grow last year to have a chance to set aside some of everything and reevaluate the difference a year can make. I haven't detected any raw taste in last years grow for quite some time. I can set aside this years grow and just sample on occasion if something needs more time get better. I have probably smoked a half pound of this years bursa and another lb. of all my cig. varietys mixed randomly from leaves to ragged to hang and tossed on a large section of chicken wire stretched over sawhorses. Its surprisingly good and smooth.Ive been keeping my shredder bucket close to full and it probably has 10-12 varietys mixed in from 2012- 2013. I wish I could duplicate the current blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.