Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Another Good Cigar rolling video

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksctm

A novice question, but is the trick the multiple binders he starts out with, or finishing out the head the way he did. or :eek::eek:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I suppose you all could be right :)

The one "trick" I was referring to was the multiple binders. Of course this is only a trick if you don't already employ this method.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The same trick was used in your thread "Maybe an even better cigar rolling video". I noticed it then. Do I get more green dots or just free leaf? LOL

johnlee1933

Founding Member
The one "trick" I was referring to was the multiple binders.
I started using double binders because my leaf had hail problems and it was the only I could get the "tube" air tight. I didn't have hail this year so my leaf is generally better. Now I find it is a nice way to change the characteristics of a cigar. I have pretty much settled on a mild Havana as my filler. I generally use MD 609 binder and CT shade wrapper. Now if I second binder with something different I get a different smoke. The beauty of it is that the cigar has had time to dry so only the extra binder(s) and wrapper are wet and the it is smokeable much faster. 10 minutes in a warm oven is usually plenty. Now I usually have a few "premades" around and finish the cigar at my whim. I get some good and some not so good but generally smokeable. I try not to make the same mistake twice. -- John

ne3go

The one "trick" I was referring to was the multiple binders. Of course this is only a trick if you don't already employ this method.

Most video in youtube i've watched was with double binder, so i thought it is the standard. How many binders does he use?

marksctm

I suppose you all could be right :)

I asked about that last week when I posted about making my second and third cigars in (first cigar) and never got an answer.

On some of the cigar rolling videos, some rollers I've seen start with 2 binders on top of each other, any better rolling that way, or is that the way pro's do it?
Also I saw a roller stack 2 rappers on each other, one rapper dark leaf, and one a light leaf, off set about a half inch, and when it was rolled, it looked like, and was called a barber pole.
Any body hear of a barber pole cigar?

Ashauler

Founding Member
Yes, I've smoked many "premium" barber pole style cigars. In my experience, burn issues are common in this style of cigar. I have not enjoyed them enough to put up with the burn issues, so I don't seek them out and haven't been inclined to try it with my own tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.