Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

bamboo cigar rolling boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I made mine out of a 12 X 24 scrap of 3/4" AC plywood. I glued a piece of shelf liner to the bottom as an anti slip pad. I used another strip of the same stuff (looks like black rubber ~ 1/16th thick) as my bunch shaper/cigar smoother.IMG_1691 - Copy.JPG I've made about 200 cigars on it so far and it is holding up well. -- John

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Nice board Johnlee-- mines home scrabbled too. I just posted the link for the folks with 5 thumbs per hand. I'm also beating my head against a wall trying to come up with tobacco related posts. Off season sucks. I'm becoming way too chatty and with nothing useful to contribute. But I am making some good contacts along the way so there's always that.

BarG

Founding Member
What are you using for your cigar glue, Johnlee?, Thats a nice compact portable rolling table and chaveta.

"I think you ought to add some little rubber feets to it.":cool:

I give it a while till the veneer gives out then you can make one out of hardwood.;)

Last edited:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
What are you using for your cigar glue, Johnlee?, Thats a nice compact portable rolling table and chaveta.:cool:
I've been going back and forth between Knox gelatin and fruit pectic. Can't see much difference. Can't taste any difference. The gelatin is cheaper. -- John

BarG

Founding Member
That Is how you feel when you join a forum like this, MHO. This is my first to ever participate other than following. It seems on and off season.
Your right about the contacts because it realy broadens your horizon to find people with the same interests so far away. I've seen JL'S cigar board pic, but in a new light this time.:cool:

Edit; Around Jan. and Feb. last year there were a lot of disscussions on the pertinent subjects that evolved in some really good and bad methods for starting your grow. And the same interest follows to this day.;) Go figure......

BarG

Founding Member
I've been going back and forth between Knox gelatin and fruit pectic. Can't see much difference. Can't taste any difference. The gelatin is cheaper. -- John

I tried the fruit pectic once but it seemed to have a salty taste. It said all natural?
It never had a chance to dry though Heh heh heh.

Last edited:

Matty

I use a bamboo cutting board in the kitchen, had it for 4 years now and there aren't many marks on it, even though my knives are sharp enough to shave with ;) Tis' a good, tough cutting board.

I personally like the fruit pectin better than the gelatin. I find that it sticks faster than the gelatin and is more permanent. My experience with the gelatin was I had to hold the glued part down for a bit before it would stick and I've had cigars un-glue in storage. Also, I mixed the gelatin fairly concentrated one time, it had a funny smell and then it turned to jello while I was using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.