• Full Size Photos

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The problem with full sized pictures is people rarely re-size them to fit on the monitor. People complain about the thumbnails and people complain about the pictures taking up too much of the screen or taking too long to load.

Since this will likely be on ongoing issue (people not sizing their pictures properly), I think it would be best to go back to thumbnails.

...but I prefer full sized (properly sized) pictures.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I haven't complained and I haven't voted. I see issues with both formats and was just wondering if there was a concensus.

Boboro

Pics. are cool. but some of us have problem with big'ens and little'en. If we can get it on here. We just glad that worked.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
To my knowledge thumbnails are expandable. I prefer that format. If I am interested (most of the time) I expand and look carefully. That said I vote for thumbnails. -- John

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I haven't complained and I haven't voted. I see issues with both formats and was just wondering if there was a concensus.

Having rethought this statement there is one issue I have with the large pictures and that is the "Reply with Quote." When three or four people use the "Reply with Quote" to respond to a post with 3 or 4 pictures in them, you end up with 12 to 16 large duplicates of the same 4 photos. Can you "Reply with Quote" and delete the photos from the reply? I haven't replied to a post yet that had pictures so I don't know.

wazzappenning

you can delete any part of the quote you want. ive never understood why some ppl dont take a second to get rid of the pic so it doesnt get posted 8 times.

i probably prefer the full size pics, as sometimes clicking on thumbnails takes too long to load.

ive been posting full size via photobucket, but was never sure if it took up too much of this sites resources.

Boboro

My whole computer skills is very limited. And I a'nt even go'na talk about my ppl. skills. Gramer spell'in pronunciation is bad to. Throw some drank'in in. I some times have trobule under stand'in what ya'll talk'in bout.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
you can delete any part of the quote you want. ive never understood why some ppl dont take a second to get rid of the pic so it doesnt get posted 8 times.

i probably prefer the full size pics, as sometimes clicking on thumbnails takes too long to load.

ive been posting full size via photobucket, but was never sure if it took up too much of this sites resources.

I'm pretty sure I remember Don saying the resources were expanded so no problem there with the large pictures.

notcrack

I just upload my pics to imageshack keep the default options of 800x600 monitor resize. It seems to work well. Big pictures make me somewhat happy.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I still prefer thumbnails. appears to be more organized, easier on the router. If I see something that intrigues me I just click on it to make it bigger.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Dead heat tie. As a courtesy please delete photos from "Reply with Quotes". If not other members will form parallel lines you have to run through and we beat you with tobacco stalks as you go by. FTT version of the American Indian "Run the Gauntlet".

Status
Not open for further replies.