Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

I just topped my Burley

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkh2

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my
I have 10 plants of Burley 21 and 10 of Green Brior Burley I topped all except the three plants I have bagged
for seed there just now barely four feet tall but were going to seed that I felt I had no choice.
They sprouted March 16th and have been in the ground since May 10th prior to that they were in the green house
for about 3 weeks according to my log and in the house before that.
My Virginia gold is next week and so is my Silk leaf, One Sucker and little yellow
I'm gonna bag just one Virginia gold and one Silk leaf none of the One Sucker and little yellow.
The Burley I plan to start priming around August 13th or so.
It has been overcast for so much of the summer or raining and cold that nothing is growing properly.
I have pulled a bunch of suckers the last few weeks and am ready for an onslaught of many more now.
Our record for days with complete sunshine is three days straight the rest of the time it has been overcast or rain.
This has been the coolest Spring and Summer here since the 50's

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
yeah late spring here too, and only in the past week have we gone more than a few days w/o rain. kinda nice not having to irrigate tho, that was oone of the things that sucked down in FL.

i topped too. the duale is looking good, and i opted to let my sole surviving sumatra go to seed this year. the zimmer spanish is like cabbage, so incredibly thick and dense.

the aztec primitive seems to be more of a novelty plant. some have small leaves, some have tiny leaves, some think they are vines.. its just everywhere. lots of fragrent flowers tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.