Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First Cigarillo

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I rolled a cigarette-sized cigarillo by using a roller like this. Actually size was very close to the size of the cigarillo brand "Café Crème".

382.jpg

I used a whole Canik leaf (with the rib because leaf was tiny uçaltı*) as a wrapper and as a filler Virginia-Canik mix.

siga.JPG

It burned slower than a cigarette, also taste was good. No burning problems with the rib.

*uçaltı type leaves are located under the uç (outz) leaves.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
You will be in cigarillo heaven with the Mutki leaves. A single pane of the leaf, between the secondary veins, is large enough to use as a cigarillo wrapper. The seed will go out this week.

Bob

istanbulin

Founding Member
This is just an experiment. When I grow Mutki, I'll roll good cigars :)
Rolling a cigarillo by a cigarette roller is easier than rolling a cigar, in fact a child's play :) Also short filler allows to provide the uniformity very well. I used a ribbon cut tobacco but using a shag may be good.

ne3go

Looks pretty good! Did you glue the wrapper inside the roller or after?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That's a nice looking roller. I may have to try cigarillos with a roller and see how far it will stretch tobacco. Here is my first hand rolled cigarillo with Don's Bezuki wrapper and Dominican Seco. I got carried away. A roller would be a big help.

IMG_0233.jpg

Boboro

I see a lot of them cig. rollers in the bacca store but I never see ppl. smoke'in hand rolls. I don't know why they have so many of them for sale. I'm gona get me one and see if I can roll a cegar with it.

istanbulin

Founding Member
AlabamaKnucklehead, yours is a bigger sized cigarillo. IMO, a cig roller can't manage with that size.

There's one more interesting roller sold here, generally used for rolling (or stuffing) grape vine leaves (a traditional dish "sarma"). Rolling a bigger sized cigarillo may be easier with this. I'll try it.

dolma-sarma-makinesi.jpg

And here's a video about that roller, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK36v13m61g

Last edited:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I was kidding about that being a cigarillo. Dry humor is hard to carry off in print. What was the powder he was rolling into the grape leaves? I smoked some dried grape vine before when I was a kid.

istanbulin

Founding Member
It is bulgur. I think, he was just showing the working principle of the roller because uncooked, dry and unseasoned bulgur is never a good idea in sarma :)

Boboro

I found this cegar roller at the bacca shop today its made by Zen. I didnt unwrap it in case somebody here wants it for $4 plus shipping. Im sure you can find it on the net somewhere though.

LeftyRighty

Founding Member
Boboro......that's called a thumb roller. I use one all the time, for rolling unfiltered cigarettes, which is what I smoke. They are common everywhere. Rolls a bit slower that than the tube-fillers, but cigs are cheaper 'cause I only need papers. IMHO the best ones are Zig-Zag.

Boboro

This roller is almost twice as long as a cig roller an it looks like it will make a med. size cegar.

Boboro

I looked for a vidio on how to use this roller but all I could find was a pot head one. But it does show how to use the roller so I though it mite be of use. How to roll: Vaporized Blunt with backwoods [ with Zen blunt roller] .

Status
Not open for further replies.