Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Getting raped with Menthol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
After telling you all how cheap menthol was I just did a little searching and it does indeed cost about $24.00 or more per pound! I know I paid $5.00/pound just 5 years or so ago. I'm not sure why the price increased so much over the years but the cost is ridiculously high now. Maybe I'll sell my small supply and use the money to live off of in retirement...:)

If you want to try it to make menthol flavored cigarettes the best deal is to probably get it from Ebay. An ounce is plenty for experimenting with and a lot of the vendors have free shipping (on ebay).

leverhead

I looked into it a little bit the other night. For the natural stuff, it seems to be allot of work to make. It's separated from mint as oil and purified. I would think a little goes a long way, if when not in use you sealed it up in a small jar.

Matty

From mint, eh? What extraction process is used? I have some experience in organic oil extraction and almost literally tons of wild mint in summer. I also like a good menthol smoke, used to buy the canadian style KOOLs before they discontinued the brand. Did you find a decent website about the production process of menthol? It is something I might like to take a look at ;)

Boboro

I use menthol tubes for the wife. They are very strong more than Kools and just a little higher price.

leverhead

From mint, eh? What extraction process is used? I have some experience in organic oil extraction and almost literally tons of wild mint in summer. I also like a good menthol smoke, used to buy the canadian style KOOLs before they discontinued the brand. Did you find a decent website about the production process of menthol? It is something I might like to take a look at ;)

I didn't get very far into it the other night, I think it was Wikipedia that a pretty good overview, but no real details. I wish I knew more about organic chemistry, but I'd just get into trouble.

gracebowen

I finally got gambler menthol tubes and I love them. At first after smoking a carton of plain tubes the menthol tasted a bit strong but after a few cigs it tasted just right.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I don't smoke ciggies so I don't use menthol but it might be a good idea now to experiment around with it. One of these days the gov't will outlaw menthol flavored ciggs citing the fact that it is a flavoring agent that will entice little toddlers to smoke.

Boboro

I think they will tax the hell out of tubes and outlaw menthol ones. I've played around with mint from the yard and got a good mint taste but it was very harsh. I have not tryed infuseion with alc. yet. I'm go'in to try mint in hookah.

notcrack

Raped?? lol. I was just about to log off as I've been really busy the last few days and this has caught my eye. Well lads I'm off to get raped by menthol.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
that is a good point though, if tubes dont go bad you guys should buy a pallet before they get taxed too

indianjoe

Founding Member
The menthol tubes seem to me, to go flat, after a period of time. I don't know how long they would last. I've used concentrated "mint" from food flavors that works ok by soaking a sponge and leaving it in a jar with the baccy. I do not allow the sponge to touch the baccy.

Boboro

The menthol tubes seem to me, to go flat, after a period of time. I don't know how long they would last. I've used concentrated "mint" from food flavors that works ok by soaking a sponge and leaving it in a jar with the baccy. I do not allow the sponge to touch the baccy.
When you take off the plastic wrap Put what you don't stuff in a tite box and you can keep the flover in the tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.