Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Are ***** Illeagal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markw

Where does the meth come from? Are you saying if you heat beer meth will come off before eth? --J ohn

Hi Johnlee .What Steve has said is totally correct. the two alcohols come from brewing (wood or fruit) methanol boils off at a lower temperature than ethanol so you would discard this, you don't want to have any it in the finished product. Indestructibles have very good information on their website on distilling very good basic information on distilling and the dangers.

I expect there is some methanol in beer but it is mixed with the ethanol and water and in such small quantities it does not effect you.

My friend only used his still to get the Meth out of his bio-fuel this saved time on drying and washing times and he would re use it at a later date.

Markw

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Hi Johnlee .What Steve has said is totally correct. the two alcohols come from brewing (wood or fruit) methanol boils off at a lower temperature than ethanol so you would discard this, you don't want to have any it in the finished product. Indestructibles have very good information on their website on distilling very good basic information on distilling and the dangers.

I expect there is some methanol in beer but it is mixed with the ethanol and water and in such small quantities it does not effect you.

My friend only used his still to get the Meth out of his bio-fuel this saved time on drying and washing times and he would re use it at a later date.

Markw
Thanks Mark, I think I finally get it. Small amounts of meth are generated in fermentation. It is the distilling that concentrates the meth as it boils off first. Thus my idea of continuous distilling won't work. Since evaporation/boiling points are a function of total pressure wouldn't the rules still apply? i.e. The meth comes off first etc? -- John

Status
Not open for further replies.