Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Why I love Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
the bags don ships, in , makes the bacca as perfect as it can be upon opening it,

W.L.T. offers, some of the best quality, and best price, of any whole leaf that ive seen,

BarG

Founding Member
I say old boy, let us not go overboard. That tends to be a rather permanent solution. -- John ;)

Well I suppose it's a little over the top, but it's either they die while enjoying great tobacco or smoking dodgy fake tobacco brought in the pub lol.

That would be bad for buisness!

But good for both you guys if you suceed! Whole leaf won't kill em!

DoncasterChris

201212081658482.jpg

I don't think I need to add anymore to this.
I think you do.............. A label with my name and addres on it, complete with a postage stamp hehe

rainmax

Founding Member
Thanks for that Don. I'm just getting in a few more shipments and will be ready to take these orders in the next 2 weeks. I'll throw up a forum thread regarding it. If they are interested at the moment send them over to http://pureleaf.co.uk and if they see anything there at the moment they're interested in I'll get the price in line with the future prices.

I will be covering the entire EU. There will be shipping costs, but I have made sure that ever including these the price will be around the same as Don offers.

I check your site but there is not much left. Also I'm interested in shredder and is out of stock. Will you have Nicaraguan tobacco for cigars? If you don't have import taxes in England for whole leaf it may be cheaper for me to order it from you instead from WLT.???

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The whole idea behind setting up a distributor in Europe is to reduce shipping costs compared to shipping from the US. Joe and I have been working on a few different shippers and the latest one seems to be the most efficient. Orders shipped from the US to Europe adds about $10 per pound.

Current;y, there isn't much demand for cigar leaf in Europe, but if demand increases, I can make arrangements to have the leaf shipped directly from the Dominican Republic. If anyone has any ideas how to further reduce costs, please offer your suggestions.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Been reading NZ customs on importing whole leaf unstemmed, from what i gathered theres no tariff involved so going to start looking into it further today

I send quite a bit of tobacco to NZ and not all of my customers are members here either. NZ is actually one of the coolest countries I send to...as far as customs agents are concerned.

Seanz

I send quite a bit of tobacco to NZ and not all of my customers are members here either. NZ is actually one of the coolest countries I send to...as far as customs agents are concerned.
Thats good to know. I import pipe tobacco for when i feel like something different and they are strict on quantites. Anything over 250grm they love to jump on and add their duties+ g.s.t = fees = GST on the whole amount.
I think thats why i love blending , if and when i can get something similar to Sam Gawiths blend i am set for life.
I have thought of looking into it a a business, but also know that once the overheads and all the government tape etc etc. I would have to charge something similar for what people pay alrady so couldnt see the benefit.

BarG

Founding Member
I wish luck to both of you on the Euro sales. I don't think the whole leaf tobacco concept has taken root there yet. Give it time , and good luck on spreading the word Notcrack and with your new site which I joined from a link on
www.wholeleaftobacco.com.

holyRYO

You have to love a guy who has a thread "Why I love Don". Congrats on all the new cigar tobacco at wholeleaftobacco.com. Keep the exemplary tobaccos coming!

jojjas

I have to agree on everything that is written in this thread
I recived 1 lp each of red virginia ,turkish izmir and fire cured a month ago from PureLeaf , and quality of the leafs was far better than i expected
And i shall spread the word about this initiative here in sweden , so people can smoke better cheaper and give the big tobacco industri the middle finger

Last edited by a moderator:

holyRYO

The Customer Comments was a good addition imo.

Believe it or not... there are several or more people on the internet that go out of there way to malign Don and his product. Not one has tried his product or services! :eek:

Of those that have tried his product and services, everyone else, at least something good to say. They tell me, statistics don't lie. ;)

Fisherman

Well I don't "love" Mr Don but I thank him for having this forum available for the world to share and having tobacco for us all to utilize and have the extreme oppurtunity to cut our expences along the way.
Myself , I now can put back 80% of the money I used buying ready mades from the big companys and have a lot of control over what i choose to add to my own body and system.
While I am not an eco-crazy or off grid-crazy, I do like being self sufficient and this is helping me towards that goal.
It is cool mixing the tobaccos he sent also.
The forum is loaded with information that will enhance my smoking time as well as my leisure/social time/ [it does that now :)]

So all in all I would like to take my hat off to Mr Don and all the founding members of this forum and send a heartfelt thanks.

On more personal note, my buying experience with Mr Don was great. I had never seen whole leaf tobacco and what he sent is for sure top quality. Not at all like what I have salvaged from my own grow. It all was indeed whole leaf and without blemish as well. ANd for those skeptics......... the weight was there as well. The pound packages were all 1.09 pounds at least or 9% over what is advertised. I also learned another thing. Turkish has small leaves :) At least grown in regular spacing tho I have seen large leaves grown with american spacings but some said that the larger leaves lose their traditional flavor??? I won't be hand stringing mine if they grow....

I guess to re-cap , I could admit to a "Bro-love" thing with Mr Don

Mike

Fisherman

I see they do and on large scale too. Is sorta neat looking to but time consuming i am sure. Others hang whole stalk from what I see. Still lots of leaf and labor intensive regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.