Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigarette casing recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I made this recipe lastnight and changed it up a tad
1 tsp honey

No chocolate taste when smoking, no honey etc but it sure did make the smoke smooth. I used A 80/20 mix of YTB and green brior (respectively).

I will definitely add the recipe to my note book of all things tobacco.

I added all the ingredients into a small mason jar, tightened down the lid and shook vigorously for 2 minutes to mix it thoroughly.

The end result smells like hot cocoa which did and didn't surprise me.

If anyone is interested I can bag the mixture up (minus the water) for you guys to try it on your own baccy.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
instead of a water base try coffee. 8 oz coffee 1tbs chocolate syrup

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I made this recipe lastnight and changed it up a tad
1 tsp honey

No chocolate taste when smoking, no honey etc but it sure did make the smoke smooth. I used A 80/20 mix of YTB and green brior (respectively).

I will definitely add the recipe to my note book of all things tobacco.

I added all the ingredients into a small mason jar, tightened down the lid and shook vigorously for 2 minutes to mix it thoroughly.

The end result smells like hot cocoa which did and didn't surprise me.

If anyone is interested I can bag the mixture up (minus the water) for you guys to try it on your own baccy.
How much tobacco did this do?

John

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
i dont think he means to use it up, just get the dilution right.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Correct Smokesahoy, Johnlee, I did probably 2 ounces and used maybe 1/8 of the bottle after 4 or 5 rounds

Matty

So I finally got around to using chocolate in a casing recipe. Here it is:

1/2 square unsweetened bakers chocolate
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 oz. dark rum
1 oz. water

I grated the chocolate and added the rest of the ingredients. A little gentle heat to mix it all together. Filtered with a coffee filter (takes forever). I used some whole leaf TN90, about 6 leaves. Soaked the leaves in the casing for a day at room temp. Then I layed all the leaves in a stack and put them in a preheated oven. I turned the oven on 350f, let it heat up, turn it off and put the tobacco in on a rack. I let it dry crispy this way. Upon taking it out I spritzed it with some water and put into a closed container to rehydrate it some, overnight. I just shredded it this morning, rolled a cig with just this tobacco. Smooth, little to no throat impact, mellow flavor, can still taste a little burley, no other flavors. I tried another cig, 20% bright leaf 80% cased TN90, I could taste the brightleaf through the cased TN90. I would call the recipe a success :)

jekylnz

So I finally got around to using chocolate in a casing recipe. Here it is:

1/2 square unsweetened bakers chocolate
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 oz. dark rum
1 oz. water

I grated the chocolate and added the rest of the ingredients. A little gentle heat to mix it all together. Filtered with a coffee filter (takes forever). I used some whole leaf TN90, about 6 leaves. Soaked the leaves in the casing for a day at room temp. Then I layed all the leaves in a stack and put them in a preheated oven. I turned the oven on 350f, let it heat up, turn it off and put the tobacco in on a rack. I let it dry crispy this way. Upon taking it out I spritzed it with some water and put into a closed container to rehydrate it some, overnight. I just shredded it this morning, rolled a cig with just this tobacco. Smooth, little to no throat impact, mellow flavor, can still taste a little burley, no other flavors. I tried another cig, 20% bright leaf 80% cased TN90, I could taste the brightleaf through the cased TN90. I would call the recipe a success :)

Try white rum next time,I've tried with both and find white better 4 it.also maple seems to work better than honey

Matty

White rum, eh? From what I remember maple syrup and honey are two different sugars, or was that molasses and honey? I don't remember lol. Smoked a few more cigs of pure cased burley, no harshness, no tongue bite, smooth all the way, light flavor of burley, I'm impressed :)

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
an alternative to the salt and rather than sodium benzoate, is potassium sorbate, which is a lot safer then a benzene derived acid salt. Don't forget that the amouts added to a baccy are rather small. Here is my recipe for a cigarette casing based on the JTI casing for the export A full flavour fine cut baccy. This casing recipe makes enough for 1Kg of baccy. My blend is 30% burley/ 70% virginia.

22g glycerine (humicant)
5g sodium carbonate/or bicarbonate (free bases nicotine/more readily available/give full flavour effect)
3g Potassium sorbate (preservative)
optional- 22 +/- invert sugar (I've tried it once but I'm going to experiment further on that and also with honey.) (mellows and sweetens)

Add all ingredients into a 500ml canning jar and fill with hot tap water full and mix until dissolved and add to 1kg of baccy. Mix baccy and case in a storage tote until moisture is consistant through out. The baccy will be between very moist and wet at this point. cover and heat (float it on top of hot bath water) refresh hot water every 2 hours and mix baccy up for even heating (refresh 3 times). this allows even distribution of moister and case and gives the sodium bicarbonate time to work it's magic.
Dry in oven in batches. I use a cookie sheet with a 1" layer of baccy with oven set at 120F and the door left open slightly to allow escape of moisture. Heat for 1 hour or until top is getting crispy then turn baccy over and repeat. you still want a little moisture remaining. take out and let cool then put in air tight container for storage. At this point Turkish baccy can be added to your preferance.

This is obviously just a base recipe. You could add other stuff to it like EO's or powders. So far I've really been enjoying the results of this recipe.

TarantulaDan

I did some research into easy replacements for certain items, recipe scaling down, and reasons for use. If you see an error please discuss it.

ItemMeasurementReplacement ForReason for replacementReason for use
Cocoa power13.4 tablespoonsCocoa and chocolateEasier over all processAdd very light flavor, reduce harshness
licorice extract1 teaspoonLicorice GranulesEasier to obtainAdd flavor, reduce ammonia flavor
honey5 tablespoonsInvert SyrupEasier to obtainpreserves,flavors, helps deliver nicotine
Corn syrup10 tablespoonspreserves
Glycerine USP10 tablespoonspreserves, seems to aid in burning
Table Salt1/2 teaspoonSodium BenzoatePossible Carcinogen (FDA)preserves
Purified Water15 tablespoons“water”Clear of hard water chemicalhelps spread mixture onto leaf
I know this is an old thread but how much tobacco would that cover?

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Don, good catch on that, the casing I had devised back then was quite strong and really changed the tobacco flavor. If you're wanting a good casing to make your cigarettes actually taste like cigarettes (;)) get WLT's casing.

The stuff I make and sell is more for pipe tobacco.

DonH

When I blend a light, I just use a lot of flue cured, Turkish and not so much of Burley. Maybe 70% Flue Cured, 20% Turkish and 10% Burley.

Frontiertob

please write about the ratio of the tobacco that this recipe is for how much tobacco i mean quantity of tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.