Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacco pouches and tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
What are you guys using for pouches, stands or tools. Pictures welcome. Likes, dislikes and suggestions.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Here's a walnut pipe stand I found on ebay for $20.00, holds twelve pipes. Looks like I'm going to have to get some more pipes. LOLpipe stand.jpg

Last edited:

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I store my tobacco in glass mason jars. Since I started smoking meers I packed up all of my wooden pipes and put them into storage. The meers come with their own case. I also use a pipe tamper, the kind that looks like a knife and has a blade and a poker built into it. They are on ebay quite ofter. Sheffield is a good one to get. I do have some pipes on a stand though- mainly for "decoration" purposes.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Do the meers require rotating out like briar? I saw your new meers. Awesome pipe.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Here's a picture of my new pouch and some tools I made. The pouch holds one pipe, about two ounces of tobacco and a small compartment for tools. On the left is a tamper I made from a 8mm Mauser cartridge caseing with a bolt epoxied in the end. On the right is a cleaner I made for the stummel from a coat hanger. Below is my three blade universal pipe reamer.

pipe tools.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I know it's not your pride and joy, knucks, but that segment of coat hanger is probably the most valuable pipe tool to have. You can whittle a tamper from a stray stick is 30 seconds, but a means to clean caked gunk from the lumen of the smoke hole (especially in a long-shanked pipe) is critical. Coat hanger! Who knew?

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I felt pretty sure someone would brag on my cartridge case but to have the FTT scientific guru give two thumbs up to my coat hanger? I would never have guessed that one in a million years. I'm stunned. LOL

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Thanks Aaron. That's helpful. So technically I made an airhole cleaner from coat hanger.

istanbulin

Founding Member
This is my old fashioned handmade ceramic (Iznik tile) tobacco jar. This is not my photo but it's the same.

0333400023.jpg

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
im allways fasinated at the tools a pipe smoker has acess, to, and some pipes can really be works of art,

Status
Not open for further replies.