Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Houston, we have a problem !

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Today, I went to the exibition " NASA: A Human Adventure" in Istanbul. It was a very interesting exibition but I saw most and more of them at the NASA museum in D.C. Atlantis space shuttle was here (just the 1:1 replica) but they bring the real Moonrover, Gemini, used space suits and etc here. Good work. IMO, the most funny thing in the exibition is the t-shirts with the quote of "Houston, we have a problem" :) They're for sale.

nasa.JPG

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Looks like it'd be a fun trip there, how long is it going on for?

Also, a funny fact, the correct quote from Swigert is "Houston, we've had a problem", but over the years it's been twist just a bit.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
NASA has been de-funded,

our current government isnt intrested in spending money on space exploration,

>>>> or perhaps, they just went underground, and are launching things, from '' other countries''

under the radar of the media, and generally '' people'' knowing thier business,

they are currentlly gearing up to send a man into space for 1 year,,,

leverhead

I've heard that NASA stands for, We (N)eed (A)nother (S)even (A)stronauts. I don't think "OOPS" or "What's this button d......" looks good on a T-shirt. I can't help it, I'm a sick bastard.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Hey lever, it's better than "did you tighten the bolts on the heat shiel....."

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
OK.. True story. My father worked on some of the optics and electronics for one of the space camera's that were going to be used by the astronauts once they got on the moon. He worked for Westinghouse, which was a big defense contractor at the time. He said they had meetings with NASA folks about putting an electronic sensor on the camera just in case the astronaut accidently pointed it at the sun. NASA told them that their astronauts were "proffesionals" and no such safety device was needed. So, they landed on the moon, turned on the camera and swung it around to get a shot of a crater. The problem is, as they swung it around, they pointed it at the sun which instantly fried the optics. I don't know which Apollo mission this was but I remember as a kid listening to my father tell this story. He thought it was somewaht humerous.

Spaceman Ran

istanbulin

Founding Member
Looks like it'd be a fun trip there, how long is it going on for?

Actually, it was a good and detailed exibition. Not in a museum level but may satisfy most people's expectations. It started in late Sep and will end soon because ,as I know, next stop of the exibition is Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.