Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Very sad for CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member

on a side note

If You Have any Doubt About the Results of Gun Control...

The Soviet Union established gun control in 1929.
From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Turkey established gun control in 1911.
From 1915 to 1917, over 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938.
From 1939 to 1945, a total of over 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935.
From 1948 to 1952, over 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964.
From 1964 to 1981, about 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

I'm not a supporter of gun control laws but these examples are not suitable for this issue. Some of these cases were carried by the governments of these countries. These are not related with personal armament. You're really kicking up. The Armenian issue is not proven yet (I'm sure it will never). As, you know there was WWI in that years (1914-1918), how can you blame a nation which was occupied in all sides and was located in the middle of the war ? BTW, in that years Turkey was not existent, it was Ottoman Emp., please correct it. Today, we do not have any gun control but it's not easy to get a gun. If you want to give examples like these, you should have a clean history but there's no history in the world without any blood.
If you want to learn more about the Armenian issue please visit http://www.ermenisorunu.gen.tr/english/intro/index.html

A short part from the site,

Another significant document regarding the issue is the report presented by the 69 American scientists to the Parliament of Representatives on 19 May 1985.

“The area called Turkey, in fact “Republic of Turkey”, was a part of the Ottoman Empire which was a multi-religious, multi-national state from the 14th century to 1922. It is incorrect to consider the Ottoman Empire as equal to the Republic of Turkey just as in the case of Habsburg Empire and Republic of Austria”.

Those American academicians whose signatures are present below and who are experts on Turks and Ottoman researches, are of the opinion that the language used in the resolution of the American Parliament of Representatives was distorted and incorrect. Our concerns focus on the use of the “Turkey” and “genocide” and can be summarised as follows:

The Ottoman Empire which was brought down in 1922 by the Turkish Revolution, which led to the establishment of the Republic of Turkey in 1923, was a state that had the territories of more than 25 states currently located in the Southeast Europe, Northern Africa and the Middle East, one of which is the Republic of Turkey. The Republic of Turkey cannot be held responsible for any event that took place during the Ottomans.

As for the “genocide” accusation, those signing this report do not have any intention to look down on the dimensions of the pains that Armenians had suffered. Likewise, we are of the opinion that the suffering of the Muslim people in the concerned area cannot be treated in a different way either. (...) However, there are several documents and findings to be reached by the historians in order to differ the belligerent and innocent from the to find out the reasons for the events.

The accusations, such as those in the Resolution of the Parliament of Representatives No 192 shall lead to the unjust statements regarding the Turkish people and maybe will damage the improvements obtained by the historians in understanding these tragic events.

If the Congress approves this Resolution, it shall try to decide on what part of the historical problem is correct via laws. Such a decision based on suspicious assumptions shall damage historical research and shall damage the reliability of the American legislative process.”

Boboro

I think he ment is that if the ppl. are armed they can resist. But once disarmed can be easily exterminated. We need to train and arm our citzens for safety and freedom.

skychaser

If there weren't guns it would be knives or clubs or whatever. There have always been psychos around and always will be. John

You are right John. People like this will always find a way. This is not something new, nor is it the worst school massacre that has happened in this country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, four other adults and the bomber himself; at least 58 people were injured. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (7–11 years of age) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest mass murder in a school in U.S. history and the third-deadliest non-military massacre in U.S. history, behind 9/11 and the Oklahoma City bombing. ....continues

And then there is this. If determined, the crazies will find a way. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/mass/female_mass_murderer/5.html

Rampage in Reno

On a Thanksgiving Day afternoon in 1980, a black woman driving a 1974 black Lincoln decided to plow into people on the sidewalk on North Virginia Street in Reno, Nev. The woman stared straight ahead as she accelerated, striking several people without stopping. She drove 100 feet down one sidewalk, then over 300 feet down another, and finally drove two blocks down yet another one. She might well have continued, but a witness drove in front of woman's car to force her to a halt. She was then arrested. And she was angry that she'd been stopped.

The number of casualties rolled in from the five-block massacre, as people were rushed to area hospitals and bodies were removed from the streets. Several limbs remained on the streets, along with knocked over signs, upset trash containers and items that people had been carrying. Twenty-four people had been seriously injured, and five had been killed at the scene by this reckless driver. Two more would die after being taken from the scene to the hospital. Witnesses likened the scene to a battlefield.

Under interrogation, the driver told authorities that her name was Priscilla Joyce Ford, Ford, 51, was a former school teacher who moved from New York to Reno. She told authorities that some people called her "Jesus Christ." She also claimed to be Adam, of Adam and Eve, and a prophetess. She said that she was tired of life and had deliberately planned to kill as many people with her car as she could as a way to get attention.

"A Lincoln Continental can do a lot of damage, can't it?" she reportedly said. Then she stated that a voice had urged her to do the same deed when she'd been in Boston six months earlier, but another voice — that of Joan Kennedy, she said — had stopped her. She asked the officers how many she managed to kill, hoping the number was at least as high as 75. Nevertheless, Ford seemed satisfied when they told her she'd killed five. .......

I have had a carry permit for over 25 years. I wish everyone here had one. I'd sleep better, not worse. Twice in those 25 years my gun has come out of its holster. The first time it saved me from great harm, or maybe worse, when I confronted a punk on a motorcycle who was cutting my fences. He tried to run me down. He changed his mind about making a second attempt when looking down the barrel of of my gun. The cops picked him up 3 days later. The second time was when I caught 2 guys trying to break into a relatives house. One ran leaving his buddy behind with me holding a gun to the back of his head. I cuffed him and sat with the gun pointed at him until the cops arrived. They got the other one about an hour later.

Yup, I wish everyone here had one. Guns stop far more crimes than they cause. But that doesn't make the news.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I work about 10 minutes from Bath Michigan sky chaser, people STILL talk about, a relative of mine was actually at the school when it all happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.