Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Very sad for CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2md

Nothing we can say. All we've got is the ability to send prayers/good vibes/karma/whatever you believe in their way. These incidents are unfortunately commonplace in the world we live in today. Some people are just broken, and no amount of counseling or legislation will fix those ones, but as a society, we need to create a better mental health care system, to identify those who have the most potential to do others harm, and keep them locked away until they can become productive members of society, or until they are no longer a threat

Rayshields

This is going to cause a swell in gun control talk/legislation...it was on talk radio this afternoon...that won't fix it but the train may have left the station.

Boboro

I ve been around crazy ppl. a lot an you can tell when they need help.The blames on him. But somebody could have done something. It sucks to have to commit someone but I had to. It was my responsibility.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I haven't seen the news but by the tone there was a homicide of some sort. Seems like there are already laws covering that, no need to make more

Randy

I agree with Rayshields..this is/was the final nail in the gun-control agada the only thing culd have been different was if somone had killed him what a horribble thing anyway it went!!

Randy

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Newtown is adjacent to Bethel so this hits pretty close to home. If there weren't guns it would be knives or clubs or whatever. There have always been psychos around and always will be. However, I agree the government will use this as another "example" of why the honest citizen shouldn't have a gun. I agree this incident is very sad. -- John

gracebowen

open carry in all 50 states would solve the problem rather than stricter gun control how about some sort of school marshal program or allowing teachers/staff (office, nurse, principal) to carry. I know they will probably say too dangerous but I think it is the answer.

wazzappenning

yes it is very sad. when i saw it on the news i thought yup, that just might bring some gun control in. they talked about how different canadians and americans are concerning guns. most americans (not all) want one/have one, want open carry etc, most canadians(not all) could care less if they had a gun or not. i wish we canadians did have the right to guns for the same reasons americans want them. if my government starts treating the masses like china does, i want to be able to say no, we are armed and will not take it lying down.

the problem is as far as laws go, the dummies always spoil it for everyone else. here we have a distracted driving law. so any activity while driving could get you a ticket (cell phone etc.). personally i do tons of distracted driving stuff, but i only take my eyes off the road for a fraction of a second then go back to the road, and i never take my eyes off the road when near an intersection or funny situations/dummy drivers around, i wait till im out of that situation. other people(ive seen reports or whatever on tv that record people taking their eyes off the road for 15 seconds or something). thats like just plain driving with your eyes closed.

theres no way the cops can say, this guy can drive while eating spaghetti, but this other guy shouldnt be able to turn his lights on without being pulled over. so everyone has to be subjected to the same rules.

still something has to be done. and they did mention that the guns were all owned and registered to his mother. which leads me to believe that he wasnt allowed guns. so how about for a starting point to deny people guns who live in the same household as someone deemed not fit to have a gun? maybe in the same immediate family? you can still use your buddys gun, you just know not to hand it to your crazy family member.(if you have one)

indianjoe

Founding Member
My prayers go out to those who lost, adults and especially children, but no amount of "gun control law" can prevent a "crazy" or a "hoodlem" from killing. They should look into controlling participant video game killings, a "crazy" cannot can determine reality.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
open carry in all 50 states would solve the problem rather than stricter gun control how about some sort of school marshal program or allowing teachers/staff (office, nurse, principal) to carry. I know they will probably say too dangerous but I think it is the answer.
Amen Grace. A good many years ago a couple of punks walked into a Wyoming diner with "stick up" in mind. EVERYBODY had a gun on his hip. They got coffee and quietly left. -- John

johnlee1933

Founding Member
still something has to be done.
Why? IMO Nuts and bad guys will always have weapons, guns, knives, bombs, etc. No law is going to change that. (Just like the law about No Texting while driving.) Does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to carry a cell or a gun? -- John

BigBonner

Founding Member
I feel sorry for the kids , their friends and most of all their familys . It was bad for some idiot to do a thing like this .
I don't feel time or anything could heal the lost of a child at any age .
It makes all gun owners look bad when most are responsable citizens .

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it just makes no sense why he would target children???????

darren1979

First Time Grower
it just makes no sense why he would target children???????

Im guessing because there defenseless, and he was a coward. Its a real shame scum like this target children or the defenseless, in the hope to have there name written into history in a warped way.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I just watched the evening news, presenter said that age of the children in that school is between 5-10. They're just angels and their place will be heaven. I felt very bad. It's apparent that he had no mental balance.
I'm not sure banning personal armament will solve these problems. I'm really interested in world news, about 6-7 years ago Brazilian gov. decided to ban personal armament. The supporter ratio is about %80 in the beginning. But just before the referendum, the weapon lobby impress the citizens by using media. Every program in the TV, there were a lot of important people for the country and they were saying " there are a lot of armed criminal around you but you don't have a gun". So the ratio of ban supporters decreased to %30. I think, banning personal armament won't solve this problems, also there's no insistent politicians about this issue because of the weapon lobby. Also, if you look at the world, there's gun bans in the countries which are managed by dictators (of course, there are some exceptions) to prevent the dictatorship from any riots. A cliche but I must say; education, education, aducation.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I can't even imagine how the parents can deal with this. I know I'd be one hell of a basket case if that happened to one of my kids.

I have to believe there is some way to administer a mental competency test for gun purchasers. Classifying people based on prior criminal activity doesn't work. I also think the gun dealers should take a little more responsibility in profiling potential imbalanced people before they allow a weapon purchase. How many times have you come across someone you just know is nuts. It doesn't take a genius to spot them.

Banning guns will not work. The law abiding people will turn in their guns because they have everything to lose...the criminals will keep their guns. If some mentally unstable person wants to go on a killing rampage, he'll do it regardless of how it will be done.

BarG

Founding Member
I can't bear to watch the news while this plays out. It makes me cringe when I think about those innocent children and
adults and how I would feel if it were my family.

dkh2

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my
When I was in High School a guy killed his parents and the family dog.
He used a crossbow.
He spent 20 some years behind bars.
He was all doped up and after that they went after doper's with a vengeance
even framing some tourist because they looked like dopers. They were medical students
just cruising around. After there convictions they lost there rights to become doctors.

on a side note

If You Have any Doubt About the Results of Gun Control...

The Soviet Union established gun control in 1929.
From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Turkey established gun control in 1911.
From 1915 to 1917, over 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938.
From 1939 to 1945, a total of over 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935.
From 1948 to 1952, over 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964.
From 1964 to 1981, about 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Ashauler

Founding Member
snip............

Banning guns will not work. The law abiding people will turn in their guns because they have everything to lose...the criminals will keep their guns. If some mentally unstable person wants to go on a killing rampage, he'll do it regardless of how it will be done.

Amen!

What has happened is almost inconceivable. My heart is torn for the families of the victims, and the community as a whole. My prayers are being offered for them.

This was a deliberate act by one individual. Deranged? Perhaps. Evil and cowardly? Certainly!

Status
Not open for further replies.