Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Christmas arrived last week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack in NB

Founding Member
A package arrived in the mail.

DSCN0652.jpg

Opened it carefully, and it's full of styrofoam peanuts.

DSCN0653.jpg

Started digging, and got to the meat inside. My pipe from Aaron! Packed like a delicate electronic test instrument.

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

Absolutely beautiful workmanship, and Aaron included the hand-made pouch to protect the finish.

Break-in has begun, and it has a couple of unique features: the stem is the only one in my arsenal that works well with my new store-bought choppers, and the pipe has a unique shape that sits upright when placed on the table.

I'm mightily pleased!

Jack

BigBonner

Founding Member
There is alot of good wood workers on this site . I used to make a few cedar chest years ago .
Two things I want to make before I die and that is a working moonshine still ( one Batch ) and my on casket to rest in .
I cut cedar a few years ago to start on the box . But Its still laying in my barn air drying .I think I will use oak instead of cedar.

That pipe looks great !!!

After Christmas ( when the package gets unwrapped ) I will post a picture of a wooden bowl that BarG made for me for my wife for Christmas .It is awsome!!!!!

BarG

Founding Member
I used to make a few cedar chest years ago .
Two things I want to make before I die and that is a working moonshine still ( one Batch ) and my on casket to rest in .
I cut cedar a few years ago to start on the box . But Its still laying in my barn air drying .I think I will use oak instead of cedar.

That was cool watching that pipe being made. Neat looking pipe Jack, great work Aaron.

I got my cedar chest made but always wanted to make my own casket also. I'm hoping I have plenty of time. I thought about making one that you could use as a functional shelving storage unit until such time as needed
[ maybe line with spanish cedar for tobacco storage;)].
My friend made his still from an old beer keg and he makes some of the smoothest liquer I ever tasted.

As for Bonners bowl that will make a fair trade come planting time for some of his awesome seedlings.:cool:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I got my cedar chest made but always wanted to make my own casket also. I'm hoping I have plenty of time. I thought about making one that you could use as a functional shelving storage unit until such time as needed[ maybe line with spanish cedar for tobacco storage;)]..
LOL Leave some of the tobacco in there. One never knows. :<))​ -- J

Steve2md

There is alot of good wood workers on this site . I used to make a few cedar chest years ago .

After Christmas ( when the package gets unwrapped ) I will post a picture of a wooden bowl that BarG made for me for my wife for Christmas .It is awsome!!!!!

How big of a batch are you looking for? Simple pot stills are a matter of a few corks, a pressure cooker, a thermometer, and a bit of copper tubing.....Guess I'll have to start a thread.....

Boboro

Im gonna get burned so Ill fit in a cheap tequila bottle untill the grankids make me into a big rock out of ready mix. You got to have a plan thats cheap an easy or it mite not happen.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Accessories may need to include a lighter for a smoke while I ponder my predicament ,an escape hatch and a fold up shovel.;)
I was thinking the other way. I don't know about you but where I'm going I don't believe I'll need a lighter. ;<))​ -- J

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Im gonna get burned so Ill fit in a cheap tequila bottle untill the grankids make me into a big rock out of ready mix. You got to have a plan thats cheap an easy or it mite not happen.
Good plan. Just make sure there is still some tequila in the bottle. As I said before, You never know. -- J

BarG

Founding Member
I was thinking the other way. I don't know about you but where I'm going I don't believe I'll need a lighter. ;<))​ -- J

I can almost guarantee There will be a fight to see who gets me, I plan on escaping during the confusion.

See you in the next world, heh heh

To All A Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I don't know what im going to do . My Mother always said " The devil don't want you and the good lord won't have you ".

Jack in NB

Founding Member
Great looking new pipe. Is the pipe on the far right bound together with baling wire? If so you are an automatic buddy. This place wouldn't run without it. -- John

Baling wire it is, John. Have three similarly equipped.

Haven't got my lathe set up yet, and have to make a suitable chuck to re-work them - re-drilling the stem holes closer to the bowl in solid wood.

Boboro

I think the space men gona get me. Maybe on the 21st. when the world ends. 2 more days. then BAMM ! HAA!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The baling wire is filling the role of an empty rifle shell, which was the origin of the "military" style stem. When the shank split, WWI British soldiers would repair it with an empty shell. Today, these appear simply as stylish sterling caps on the stem.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.