Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonH

You show location unknown for The Tobacco Seed Co. Mine was shipped from the UK, but I know Skychaser supplies alot of their seed and some is from Tenn. Very fast shipping. It arrived in a standard envelope but the seed was wrapped in bubble wrap with the invoice surrounding that. No damage.
They're based in the UK but if you order from the US it looks like it ships from the US.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
They're based in the UK but if you order from the US it looks like it ships from the US.

You could be right but mine was sent airmail with a foreign looking stamp on it but I didn't have on my reading glasses so I couldn't swear to anything except the airmail. The eyes are the second thing to go, I can't remember the first.

DonH

You could be right but mine was sent airmail with a foreign looking stamp on it but I didn't have on my reading glasses so I couldn't swear to anything except the airmail. The eyes are the second thing to go, I can't remember the first.
You are probably right, they are sending it from the UK. I should be getting a package from them in a couple of days.

DonH

You are probably right, they are sending it from the UK. I should be getting a package from them in a couple of days.
You are correct, Alabama. I got mine today from the UK. Spring better come soon, I'm coming down with Seed Acquisition Disorder. This year I'm building a seed bank and trying lots of different varieties. I just ordered 3 more varieties yesterday from Sustainable Seeds.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I started out firm in the decision to grow Virginian and Burley only and buy my Turkish for cigarette blends. I was afraid of sun curing because I didn't know anything about it. Now Istanbulin has promised to do a thread on the sun curing method and my grow list has grown to ten varieties including three Turkish varieties. That's it, I'm stopping at ten. I promise.

POGreen you have launched on a very addictive hobby. And I mean the hobby not the tobacco. LOL

POGreen

Hi and tnx alot Bob !

The Heirloomtobacco.com guy doesn't reply my mail and that's a bit dissapointing but as a tobaccogrower u must never give up !

Think Ill try the nicotinaproject instead , seems to have a very extensive collection of seeds , dont know what it is but I seem to get an interest for a sort of rare seeds and strong tobacco.....

Did order Ancient Tobacco seeds ( GIANT LEAVES) and Indian Tobacco seed from sustainable last night , price for seeds was ok but shippng was 16.75 !!!!! But I could'nt help myself when I saw the leaves from The '' Ancient '' Tobacco seed.....

All the best for now , POGreen

POGreen

Thank you rainmax !

Must say that I do feel very welcomed indeed !
My first contribution will be Swedish Virgina seeds to The Seed Bank , Bob's gonna get'em and ask him to have a pinch of'em if you like .

POGreen

Hi AKh !

I got the same problem as you , thought I would stop at 10 but now it looks like close to 20...;)
Next week Bob is gonna get some swedish virgina from me , so think you're looking at least 11.....
And wit' the Black Bolivian its gonna be 12 and so on

Have a nice day

POGreen

Yeah , I know AKh (LOL) but I think its great fun and saying that I have noo idea how this years crop is gonna be like.
Last year I grinded strain stalk flowers seedcapsules and leaves into a powder with a meatgrinder but didn't that much exchange out of the strain and stalk so this year I just go for leaves and maybe flowers.
Have some 20-22 ponds of snuff in my fridge and its just getting better with time.
Wish I started 'dis growing thing a long time ago , the snuff over here was very good up to summer of 1997.
Its gonna be a real challange this year growing parts of the tobacco in 3 Gallon buckets (10 Liters) and sand + grassclippings

I bid u a good night , the hour has struck midnight here now

Aaron

Hi PO, I received your pack of seeds today, thank you again! I'm excited to try to grow them this year. I was surprised by the shape of the Alida seeds. So now I'm curious if this is common to be elongated instead of round?

8381676617_6b4eb5181e_z.jpg

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
This is why seeds sent to the bank need to have the individuals screened so thoroughly. In this instance we can easily see that someone is confused, but when it actually is tobacco it's impossible to know what you're getting.

Maybe you should plant them anyway, might be seeds to a rare strain of vining plant capable of climbing to the clouds where magic chickens lay golden eggs:)

Status
Not open for further replies.