Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Well, last night we get the first snow of this winter. Temp. is still about 30 F so probably it will be melt next day. I've still some suckers in my crop. Although it's not a very strongh frost, they may have some damage. BTW, if you know collards (green), there's a traditional believe here with them. When it's snowing on their leaves, as said their taste will be better. I have no chance to compare but if you have some in your garden you may try.

This is the view from my balcony, I took this last night and sold it for 50 bucks to some news sites. Totally an unexpected situation :)

kar.JPG

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Well, last night we get the first snow of this winter. This is the view from my balcony, I took this last night and sold it for 50 bucks to some news sites. Totally an unexpected situation
That's a really pretty pic. The first snow here is pretty also and they get progressively more ugly as the winter moves on. :( -- John

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
bah, i love snow, i packed a penske truck and towed my car from FL to get it, and i dont see it! if i get tired of it i'll do the move in reverse. people think they are stuck where they are and get so miserable, you can do anything in life, the least of which is to move to where you are happy. i didnt know turkey got snow, i guess i'm very ignorant about most of the foreign world. for some reason i always get greek food and turkish food confused, but to be fair to myself one of you people has got to be copying the other.

istanbulin

Founding Member
... i didnt know turkey got snow, i guess i'm very ignorant about most of the foreign world...

We get snow every year but İstanbul have a moderate climate, snow generally stays max a week. In eastern regions snowing starts in Nov and stays until May :)

...for some reason i always get greek food and turkish food confused, but to be fair to myself one of you people has got to be copying the other.

LOL :D Turks and Greeks are living together for at least 800 years. Guess the interaction of the culture if you can :D

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
if i get tired of it, i might head to the ocala national forest. weather is fair, amenities nearby and the girls know how to show a good time :p wife might have a problem with that plan on several levels though haha.

leverhead

That's their job in life! I've tried to make it easy on both of them, it's too much to ask of them to make something up.

DonH

Beautiful picture, Istanbulin. You're right about Collards. The same thing is true about Kale. Nights below freezing convert starches to sugar.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That really is a lovely photo. The bridge lights give it a dynamism (like a meteor), together with the lens flairs on the suspension pylons, and the lights end by the rule of thirds: 1/3 down from the top; 1/3 away from the side. The haze in the sky provides a surreal effect, while the bottom framing of snow-burdened evergreens lend it detail and realism. Congratulations! If it appeared on a greeting card, it would be an easy sell.

Bob

istanbulin

Founding Member
Thanks fellas. Bob, you should be a photo critic. Generally I'm not very good at photos in wide perspective, I'm used to take close-up photos because of my job but this time things went well.

Matty

Yeah, that really is a nice photo you got there. Past few years round here it's rained and melted more than snow. Snow and cold don't bother me too much, I grew up with it. Put some extra clothes on and go out and have some fun lol.

indianjoe

Founding Member
Great pic. Its true about collards, but down here we are lucky to get frost on them before they are ready to eat, so I pack them in the freezer for a few days and their great. I quit growing collards a few years back, a fellow I know grows around 17-20 acres so I get what I want. Around my house, deer love them.

wazzappenning

I left NH about 30 yrs ago to get away from it. I see it about every 10 years, that's more than enough.

if only i could do the same. i wouldnt miss winter activities one bit. theyre too cold anyways.

and yup, that really is a nice shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.