Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Been lookin for a pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Helpful links guys! The pictures of the manufacturing process at Elmas Nargile are very interesting! The lathe they're using to clean up the castings is pretty old, holding a smaller chuck in a larger chuck is an old shop kink (short cut) not seen very often anymore. The final product would look very nice in any sitting room!

Nearly each part of a nargile is handmade at this workshop. Here's a short video about this workshop in a German TV channel.

[video]http://www.elmasnargile.com/video/ard/ard.html[/video]

Last edited:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I thought this was an interesting twist. Leave it to the Austrians/Germans to reinvent the wheel :rolleyes:

modern hookah.gif

leverhead

I thought this was an interesting twist. Leave it to the Austrians/Germans to reinvent the wheel

To me, I'd call it starting with a clean sheet of paper. You don't see outside fenders and running boards on new cars much anymore. I'm glad to see wood spokes, inner tubes and mechanical brakes slip into the past, other things don't have to change.

Boboro

You can buy beautiful mass produced chinese pipes that work great and are cheap. But for a pipe I want something that connects to the past. I cant get but one cause we startin to look like hoarders around here.

Boboro

Im still lookin at pipes thirs just so many out there and Its so hard to trust the ppl. on the net if you tryin to get a good one cheap.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
You can buy beautiful mass produced chinese pipes that work great and are cheap. But for a pipe I want something that connects to the past. I cant get but one cause we startin to look like hoarders around here.

i agree, and ive seen some nice older used pipes at the flea-market,,,,

i just aint found the exact one i want yet,

but i also, am keeping my eyes open for '' the right pipe ''

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Wow that German one looks really nice!! Its kinda tempting and I've never smoked a hookah before .

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
well it does have a special black shaft made in Austria, so based on the rarity of those that makes sense.

Boboro

Well I got the $55 pipe I wanted one that was more authentic and didnt cost much more but it had a no return policy.If this ones what thry say it is I will be suprized. If Its Egyptian and works right Ill be happy.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Can we get pictures and a review when it gets here? With your clothes on and nothing on fire this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.