Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

tobacco kiln / seed starting room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
now that my kiln is emptied, i got to looking at it in a different light,

it is totally sealed, and a nice sized area for starting the next crop in, [ ive started them inside in the past under lights with hardlly no room ]

now that im actually driving the F.T.T. a semi,, i have a lot of money in my pocket im not accustomed to having, so i purchased a '' real'' grow light, i figure with this light i can start the bacca seeds, and let them get actually 6'' tall before placing them in the garden on april 1'st, [ my official planting day ]

and after i remove the bacca plants, i can start my whole vegetable garden under these light's,

and perhaps do away with my yearlly, HAVING TO MAKE A GREENHOUSE

.. a overhead view,

>
rr24005.jpg

rr24006.jpg

i have 5 floating trays,,, im gonna fill with soil,and use as normal seed starting trays,,,,

all 5 of them should fit in here snuggly,:cool:

im going bigger and better this year,,,,and last year i sold a lot of seedlings locally....so im sure any excess will be gone,,, i told the woman it was a money investment buying this light,,, for 140$ it was a good purchase for what it's going to do for me,:)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Great idea Chick. It's amazing what people can do if they just look around at what they already have and figure out a way to put it work. A+

darren1979

First Time Grower
Sounds like a plan Chicken, out of interest what watt is that bulb? Its huge, looks like a street light bulb.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Sounds like a plan Chicken, out of interest what watt is that bulb? Its huge, looks like a street light bulb.

actually, one of them is a street light bulb, with a home-made reflective hood,,,,

the fancy one is store bought,,,,and they are both 400 watt.

i had a oppurtunity to get as many floating trays as i could carry, the farmer was throwing them away,,, i grabbed 5,,,, thinking this would be plenty,,,,

now im thinking perhaps i should have gotten 5 more,??????

oh well. im sure in my profession, i'll next summer aqquire a lot of these thing's now that i know how functional they are,

93rdCanadian

Are the bulbs HPS or metal hylide.

The street lamp looks like a metal halide and the store bought one looks like a high pressure sodium. Make sure you have sufficient ventilation as those lights get HOT. Best of luck to your growing endeavors Chicken!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
the heat wont be a issue, i got a dual squirrel cage exaust fan,

and yes one is m.h. and the other is h.p.s.

but when i start the seeds, and they turn to young plants they will both have m.h. bulbs in them,

Status
Not open for further replies.