Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

2013 Tobacco seed list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bika

Can you take a picture of the seed bank so we can get an idea of the work you put into the program? Might put thing's into better perspective and make people more appreciative.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
old-bank.jpg

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I sure wish I still had a picture of that clear plastic bag with 14,000,000 seeds in it :)

I'll have to have my kids show me how to send a picture from this phone.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, several thousand seeds in a tiny zip lock, of each of 100 varieties of tobacco, easily fits within a water-tight "boating" box smaller than a half loaf of bread. It's not much to look at. This sealed box goes into a refrigerator.

Bob

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
This is the wine cooler all the seeds are stored in. I like the wine cooler because it doesn't have a defroster in it. have you ever noticed those "frost free" refrigerators are constantly defrosting your freezer? While they're doing that, it's sucking all of the moisture out of the freezer at the same time.
seed bank.jpg

This is a little bit of the collection displayed without going too crazy.
seed bank2.jpg

Bika

Thats pretty cool thx for the pic. Im sure there is more envolved in getting them all out for the requests. Thanks for all you do!!!

istanbulin

Founding Member
My "Bucak" seeds are ready for the seed bank, I'll mail them on Monday.
As you know I found Düzce seeds after a long search but they were collected from a commercial field so they're probably open pollinated. I must grow and see their situation this year. They're not eligible for the seed bank for now.

POGreen

Hi to all out there !

Here comes the swede again......
An idea struck me , can I get/buy seeds from FTT , how does this work out ?
Can contribute with a rare Virgina from Sweden called ''Alida'' , it's a Nicotiana Tabacum and if its possible would like to have Vuelta Abajo. Can ship in some Black Bolivian as well.
Read about its potency and got really interested.

All the best from Ola in Sweden

http://www.tobaksochtandsticksmuseu...obacco-growing/Alida---Famous-tobacco-grower/ read about Alida here

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The seed list has been updated to include everything that has been donated to date.

Please take a look at these few unclassified varieties and offer your opinion as to where they might best be placed.

TN Red
Bahía
Karabaglar
HueHueTenango
Cuba Petite
Samyara
Bolivian Criollo Black
Jasmine

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
  • Bahía - this sometimes appears in GRIN as Oriental, but I believe it should be classed as cigar filler.
  • Bolivian Criollo Black - cigar filler
  • Jasmine - There have been a number of tobaccos called Jasmine (including Shirazi), but usually this is applied to Nicotiana alata.

Bob

DGBAMA

the collective amount of knowledge on this forum is simply AMAZING.

I can only hope to become a knowledgable contributor one day so I can give back to others some of what I have learned here.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
That is where i I got the seed from in 2010 It was listed as Cuban Petite at that time.
Dan

Dan, in you opinion, what class does this variety best fit. If anyone else has grown and processed this variety, please offer your opinion.

s we've seen before, this is one of the problems with buying from commercial internet shops. Cuban petite exists nowhere else in the world other than on the above site. I suspect it is yet another fictitious name. Criollo 98 is a recently developed hybrid cigar wrapper (shade grown) or filler (sun grown). Since real Criollo 98 is a hybrid, I'm suspicious of it's viability. I'm actually much more suspicious of its authenticity...not of the donor, but of the supplier of the seed.

TN Red grew like burley, have not smoked yet.

Injun, was this a green stem or white stem type?

Status
Not open for further replies.