Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A guide to uploading videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaneo

I just put together a quick quide to uploading and posting a video to a forum, I wasn't sure where to put this Don - also if this is a double up feel free to delete. If you guys are using an older version of windows the icons may be different but the process should remain thew same

Uploading a video to a website forum

• After you have taken your video connect your camera to your computer, usually this is with a USB cable or by placing the SD card into your computer. Most computers are smart enough that a new window will open saying “Do you want to import all photos & video” click Ok
  • Download the file from your camera to a folder on your computer that you can easily find, usually this will default to a location like /My Documents/ My Pictures.
  • Click the “Start” icon on the bottom left of your comp the click “Computer” sl1_zps84bd8862.png this will bring up a directory of folders for your computer including the Pictures folder. sl6_zpsa51b4ce8.png
  • Once you have located your video file you are ready to upload it to YouTube. Go to the Youtube website.
  • Once you have logged in there will be an “Upload” icon at the top of the page sl4_zps4a846e71.png click this and then click the next icon , click the ‘Select files to upload icon” sl5_zps91eb602e.png
  • This will display the same directory where we saved our video file sl2_zps12e35351.png
  • Locate your file and click “Open”
  • The next screen will show your video uploading, it will also give you some options for adding a title and description - note that you will also need to set the privacy setting for the video here - I normally set it to unlisted or public - dont set it to private or no one can view it.
  • sl7_zps97171669.jpg
  • Once this is completed - ensure it has fully uploaded - you can go to the website you wish to upload the video to, fill out the reply to the thread as you normally would then copy / paste the link above in blue using the “insert Video” icon sl8_zps816ed434.pngsl9_zpsd64fb104.png
  • Just paste the video link in the above box then your done – seems a bit drawn out when you write it down buts its reasonably quick – only slow part is the upload to YouTube

Last edited:

Markw

That is a good post Kaneo. I was always thinking on how to up-load a video to the forum, thanks for taking the time to post this information.

Markw

Status
Not open for further replies.