Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

And you thought our taxes are bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzappenning

Probably. If they were concerned about health they would tax the hell out of high fructose corn syrup... Not that they should or anything.

well they might. i had heard something about a fat tax years ago where they would tax unhealthy food. at that point i thought the war against smokers was almost over and they would move on to something else, but they had more in store for us. no tobacco in any store with a pharmacy, no smoking in bars, then within 20 feet of any entrance, now nowhere at all on hospital grounds. i believe a couple streets in toronto are no smoking. my brother in california cant smoke on company property even in his car.

but it has started. they have or want to ban those gigantic cups of cola, saying no one needs that much.

Matty

Just got a whole leaf order in, taxed wrong again. This time is kinda interesting. The border reclassified the leaf as chewing tobacco. Well, 8lbs of chewing tobacco imported into Quebec will incur roughly $700 in duty and taxes. So if anyone wants to import some chew, lol, this is what to expect.

webmost

Well, they only tax you as a favor, making sure you make the right decisions, looking out for your own good, you know.

Matty

Red man here goes for $20-25 for 40grams. It would take about 11 pouches to make a pound. I dunno what a pouch goes for before taxes but it's already sounding cheaper to import chew than buy it at the store.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
I thought I was going t have to pay a tax or duty on the turkish baccy I got from the site store here. wether it escaped there notice or what ever I didn't have to pay anything. Not sure if thats whole leaf is tax or duty free but I'm not about to look a gift horse in mouth or ask questions.

By the way, That turkish baccy I got Is an awesome addition to my cig baccy.

Matty

There should be no tax or duty where I am. I have gotten refunds every other time this has happened. This time I am getting caught up in some sort of bureaucratic mess. Sent in the request for refund, now they're asking for more paperwork.

Lakota

Founding Member

rainmax

Founding Member
In november knucklehead send me 1 pound of tobacco, two strainers and cigar roller. I have to pay 60 Euros for taxes, dutys,...
I can not afford to order tobacco from WLT regular way. It is cheaper to buy tobacco from the local store, but we don't have one.
Pack of cigarettes cost 5$.

Matty

Thanks Lakota. There is some confusion on the part of the border a-holes, don't know how to do their job. If this keeps up I might be going back to storebought at some point. Imagine, over $100 a pound for leaf.....

Lakota

Founding Member
Matty you might have to do some ground breaking in the spring and get more plants in the ground. yes 100 a pound is to much, be patient with the CBSA people, they have been pretty good dealing with me as long as I don't get pissed off with them. Good luck and keep us up to date on it. Russ

Matty

Got a cheque in the mail today, woohoo! Full refund :) There was some confusion with the paperwork/sales receipts. Talked to the refund center on the phone 4 times to try clarifying things for them. Glad to get my money back, phew!
I see there is some new leaf in at WLT, he he he....

Status
Not open for further replies.