Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The 2013 FTT Grow-out thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markw

My seeds arrived today including 2 for the grow-out They are Cordoba and Nacional I will take good care of these and grow them under cover.. all the seeds were professionally packed .Many thanks Don

spencerpearson

I would love too help fill the bank up just tell me what you need me to grow. I don't have any seed but would grow what you want if you send it. And let them all go to flower stage and send them in.

BarG

Founding Member
I recieved for grow out;

Stamm 161 cigar filler TI 379 PI 405520

Dawma cigar filler TI 170 PI 405007

Forchheimer Cigar filler TI 1486 PI 405680

Katsuyama cigar filler TI 163 PI 405000

I have tried the Katsuyama and realy liked it. The others are unfamiliar to me.

My grow out failed miserably. 3 of the varietys were so stunted I only bagged one plant of the 4 varietys. It was the only plant that made it so I will plant again next year to see what results I achieve before sending seeds. The Katsuyama may make a debut next year.
I tried but will have to do better next time.

Southern Planter

I have, next to the old slave quarters, and old atom bomb proof (or rat proof anyway) seed vault. Perhaps it could be put to use for you guys.

It might be a way to convince my wife and sister that seed vaults are not for storing blasted Christmas decorations.

The county, who has no sense of humor, would fine me $20,000 if I burn the decorations in a brush burn pile. Then again, the wife might toss me on the pyre too.

ChuckP

My grow out failed miserably. 3 of the varietys were so stunted I only bagged one plant of the 4 varietys. It was the only plant that made it so I will plant again next year to see what results I achieve before sending seeds. The Katsuyama may make a debut next year.
I tried but will have to do better next time.

Howdy BarG,

No worries! We can only do our best and hope and pray things work out for the best. I had about the same results with my 2 varieties that I got for grow-out. The Long Red didn't even sprout and I ended-up buying some seed from seedman. As far the other variety - No. 3732, I had 3 seeds sprout and all but one could be bagged. The other 2 are just too scrawny and under-developed to be of any value. I will re-grow it out next year and hope for a lot better results. The best laid plans of Mice and Men!

BarG

Founding Member
Thanks ChuckP, I know they were not the last of the seeds. I look forward to next yr on the katsuyama.

Status
Not open for further replies.