Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Southern Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernillinois

Hello All,
I am a gardener and primarily grow O.P. vegitibles to develope seed stock for my area, and send seed to others in different states to add to their gene pool. After camping in Paducha Ky. and visiting a 1850's working farm, called the Home Place my desire to grow my own chewing tobacco was sparked.
The variety grown there is Little Crittenden and that is the variety I will be trying. I've been doing some research and believe I will be trying to air cure to start because I don't have a tobacco barn to fire cure, and my time to do so is limited. I may try to build something later. Curing chamber or something of the sort.
I am glad to have found another well to draw from, as I can use all the info and help I can get.
I plan on trying a couple of different things such as hanging some stalks in my garden shed and garage, priming and pileing to sweat it. I'm trying to formulate some sort of a plan before I have to harvest.
Some posters say not to overthink it, just keep to the basics so to speak.
Anyway any help or comments will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all in advance
-Johnny

leverhead

Welcome! If you search the site, fire-curing in small quantities has been done and you could draw on that to suit your needs.

indianjoe

Founding Member
Welcome Johnny,
this well of information runs deep, look in the FAQ's in the above tab to give you some prior information on tobacco.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome to FTT Johnny. I think you'll find the FAQ's at the top helpful. If you have any other questions just ask. The amount of practical and theoretical knowledge available here is pretty surprising. -- John

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
theres a few members on here, that grow for chew purposes,

hope, with thier s and our's help. you'll be growing and chewing your own come this time next year<-------

Status
Not open for further replies.