Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rookie begging for seeds, sorry.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris A

Hi guys-

Sorry for the request, but my lowly status doesn't qualify me for the seeds I want to try, Yellow Twist Bud and White Flower. I only need ~10-15 of each since I'm starting slowly in my first year. Anyone have any to spare? Let me know about cost, postage, etc. Don't want to be a big bother but appreciate any help.

Chris

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It never hurts to ask. If I get some promised YTB before I send your request out, I'll include them. I have to double check on the White Flower. I don't remember what is left off hand.

Chris A

Thanks guys. BarG has agreed to send the YTB. White Flower is one of those recommended to smoke without extended aging so hoping someone has some to share. If not, no worries.

Chris

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
My experience with White Flower is that it needs to be kilned or aged before it makes a good smoke. I beleive I still have seed. PM me if you still want to try it.

Randy B

BarG

Founding Member
My experience with White Flower is that it needs to be kilned or aged before it makes a good smoke. I beleive I still have seed. PM me if you still want to try it.

Randy B
You sent me a sample last yr. of white flower if I recall and whether it was kilned or not I don't know but the memory of liking it I do know. I think it would be a good variety to try growing.

Chris A

A couple weeks ago I started this thread because I was a rookie & didn't qualify for a couple strains of seeds I wanted to try in my 1st grow year. BarG & Jitterbugdude quickly responded with the seeds I wanted to try, but both were concerned that my choices may not have been the best for what I was trying to accomplish. Both sent seeds of multiple other strains of cigar tobacco. This may be business as usual here, but frankly I was quite surprised with the generosity.

Just a shout out and thanks for helping out. What a great community I've stumbled across here.

Chris

Knucklehead

Founding Member
You couldn't have stumbled across two better folks if you'd been trying. BarG and Jitterbugdude and so many of the guys here have helped me out more than I can say. So ....

audience clapping.gif

lgkitting

I live in the beautiful Manzono Mountains, NM at a
Hey guys- I am also a complete "newbie" - have been smoking a pipe for over 50 years and just now starting to appreciate prepping my own blends. Love the Burleys and Va... Live in the mountains of New Mexico at about 8000' - would love to grow but not sure it's possible up here (short growing season). Any suggestions would be more than appreciated.

With age comes the understanding that there is still much to learn - problem becomes time......

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
We have 2 New Mexico members here. Desertpipe and Mad Oshea. They can probably give you a lot of pointers for your particular region of the country. Post an intro about yourself in the Intro/New Member section.

Desertpipe

Grant, when you get a chance, post an introduction. Mad Oshea (Scott) will probably be a good source for info on growing in NM, and might end up with a few seeds you can get before Spring. He will probably be coming to a pipe nite at Stag in the near future, and be talking about a few of his blends.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
8,000 ft is not a poblem with a tobacco grow. You however need 2 foot of fertile soil below ground level and no trees to over shade the plants ie pine or ceaders. If You can grow a tomato plant where You are-Tobacco will grow also. Northern NM is great for tobacco. It gets more rain. I water every day and harvest My plants in october. I start them in Feb. Buckets and large pots work good too. Bursa is a good start as well as Reams 158,Scantic and Havana K-1- Con. Broadleaf is a hit as well. I have Black Mammoth along with Lonnies Havana in the ground now, and they look great. Turkish Izmir grows nice here. All do pretty well. I am setting up a water filtration and softener for My water needs next grow. City water is not that good for them. Another freebee to use on them. The kiln will need a little modafications due to humidity, elevation and heat (venting and air flow w/moisture. I use a bed of pea gravel in a bisqin bed to hold evap. water. We have some folks in Arizona that are doing fine as well, and Mexico. So with that all said, Welcome to FTT. Add more information to Your profile so We can help You in a far better way. Location, interests, Tobacco types ect. Mad-

ArizonaDave

8,000 ft is not a poblem with a tobacco grow. You however need 2 foot of fertile soil below ground level and no trees to over shade the plants ie pine or ceaders. If You can grow a tomato plant where You are-Tobacco will grow also. Northern NM is great for tobacco. It gets more rain. I water every day and harvest My plants in october. I start them in Feb. Buckets and large pots work good too. Bursa is a good start as well as Reams 158,Scantic and Havana K-1- Con. Broadleaf is a hit as well. I have Black Mammoth along with Lonnies Havana in the ground now, and they look great. Turkish Izmir grows nice here. All do pretty well. I am setting up a water filtration and softener for My water needs next grow. City water is not that good for them. Another freebee to use on them. The kiln will need a little modafications due to humidity, elevation and heat (venting and air flow w/moisture. I use a bed of pea gravel in a bisqin bed to hold evap. water. We have some folks in Arizona that are doing fine as well, and Mexico. So with that all said, Welcome to FTT. Add more information to Your profile so We can help You in a far better way. Location, interests, Tobacco types ect. Mad-

If he's over by Cloudcroft, as long as he starts his grow indoors, his summer would be perfect for Tobacco.

Desertpipe

Grant is in the Manzano Mtns. near me, and will have fun finding short season tobacco types to meet our special micro growing season.

Status
Not open for further replies.