Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Growing pains

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
As much as I've been trying to promote the site and encourage new membership, I never realized the down side of growing.

With growing comes unforeseen drawbacks. The larger the site gets, the more attention it gets by spammers and other groups who's only interest is to be disruptive.

For the past two days I've had two managers (neither one of whom are active forum members) working on fixing problems. Spammers see an opportunity with the site because of a the amount of traffic it generates. If they can sneak in one spam message, they can make a nice buck out of it. The groups whose only motive is to be disruptive is one I'll never understand...none the less, they exist.

Obviously, warding off all of the predators isn't free, so I've been forced to install a "Donate" button to help pay for the work behind the scenes and keep the forum running the way you've come to expect.

If you ever read something that you think might save you a buck or two, please feel free to show your appreciation by making a donation. The donation button is located at the top of each page in the navigation bar right next to the "Activity" button.

I'm working on getting the site monetized and once that funding starts coming in, the donate button will be removed.

Thanks for understanding.

Don

Last edited:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Don, I think you might explore the discrete advertising avenue. I think Google Chrome does it nicely while Yahoo is so over the top it is offensive. -- John

BarG

Founding Member
I'm glad you added that button. This site can't run its self under the kind of attacks your referring to ,they only make it worse for trying to maintain' their main goal is to Fucc up someone elses pleasure and buisness.

They should put a sign in their very own front yard for everyone to see about what their against and advertise to the world instead of trying to break down ours behind the scenes.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it's good to hear the site is growing rapidlly,

i know, me having the F.T.T. website, logo on the F.T.T. semi, has had a lot of people asking me about it, [ because it's the only website address i have on the truck,]

...i still have people asking me if it's legal to grow,

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I think this site should have the donate button still there even with adsense enabled. It is the highest quality site of its kind at least in the English speaking if not the whole world. I'll be including an extra donation with the group buy payment later.

If for some reason anyone is on the fence about the group buy, the date has been moved up, and we are doing it NOW. Send Don payment with your tier immediately to get in on it. It's not gonna be no 12-14 a pound when it hits the store.

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
Don,
I know this topic is a month dated but if I can help in any way, please let me know. I do have a pretty impacted schedule- particularly for the next month or so but if I can lend a hand within that capacity, I am happy to do so.

Knucklehead

Founding Member

DonH

I was just reading that thread- why the name change? Knucklehead does not seem very long.
Knucklehead's the new, shortened version. I think the reason is that if the names are too long it pushed the 'most recent post' icon away, especially when using a smart phone. And Knucklehead's temporary, super-long name even did it when using a computer. Then to get to the most recent post in a thread you had to go to the last page and scroll down. PIA.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I was just reading that thread- why the name change? Knucklehead does not seem very long.

It was AlabamaKnucklehead. Then Don changed it to SweetheartfromAlabamawithaHDKnucklehead to mess with me. He changed it to Knucklehead until the contest is over cause it was sticking out all over the place and people couldn't get to the last post button. It's okay though I have plans for Don. bangin.gif

Attachments

• banghead.gif
    banghead.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 168

BarG

Founding Member
It was AlabamaKnucklehead. Then Don changed it to SweetheartfromAlabamawithaHDKnucklehead to mess with me. He changed it to Knucklehead until the contest is over cause it was sticking out all over the place and people couldn't get to the last post button. It's okay though I have plans for Don. View attachment 3498

Nostalgia, aint it great.