Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

BarG 2013 grow log; Texas, Brazos Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Heck yeah BarG. Chalk up another good year for the man from Tejas. You Texas boys have it going on.

Mrs BeeKeeper

Nice set up BarG! I hope Chillard can have an equally nice place to dry his leaf someday. Being that we're in a mobile home park, we are extremely space limited. Last year, because we live just north of Seattle where it rains all winter, it was so moist outside, I had leaf hanging in my livingroom! I think I have pics somewhere, I'll have to look.

DonH

How did you build that hanging rack? Are the two beams connected at the bottom? Looks like a good setup.

workhorse_01

You are liable to find tobacco hanging anywhere with us guys. Thank GOD we have good women to put up with us! Last year I had all the clothes hangers with leaf hanging around the kitchen. My wife just said "How long does it take to dry?" I got the hint and a week later it went outside.
Nice set up BarG! I hope Chillard can have an equally nice place to dry his leaf someday. Being that we're in a mobile home park, we are extremely space limited. Last year, because we live just north of Seattle where it rains all winter, it was so moist outside, I had leaf hanging in my livingroom! I think I have pics somewhere, I'll have to look.

DGBAMA

Would love to hear dimensions on the nice T-post rack and approximately how many plants worth of leaf you can get on it. Looks really nice.

I started out to grow 20-30 plants, ended up with 200+ starts and nowhere to plant them......had to make two more planting areas. Now it just hit me.......where/how am I going to hang leaf from 187 plants. Typical shortsightedness for me. Two years ago I decided to switch to wood stove for our winter heat; Bought a fireplace in September and installed it; then realized I needed wood to feed it all winter.......got wood, only to realize that I needed somewhere DRY to store that wood. That was a crazy fall season.

BarG

Founding Member
The rack is made to break down for storage. The 10' 4x4's are clamped to roof joists and a 4' 1x4 is placed between at bottom and clamped. The first tier starts at 3' from ground and 2' each one above that. the horizontal pieces are 6' long and the hanging bars are 4'. I have never counted actual leaves cause I have yet to be able to fill it up. I stalk cure a lot of my tops and some varietys. Its been a worthy investment for my leaf curing.

DonH

The rack is made to break down for storage. The 10' 4x4's are clamped to roof joists and a 4' 1x4 is placed between at bottom and clamped. The first tier starts at 3' from ground and 2' each one above that. the horizontal pieces are 6' long and the hanging bars are 4'. I have never counted actual leaves cause I have yet to be able to fill it up. I stalk cure a lot of my tops and some varietys. Its been a worthy investment for my leaf curing.
How is the clamping done?

Status
Not open for further replies.