Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Full Turkish Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Yesterday I found this blend, but I've no idea about its taste but it looks like a full bodied rich blend.

Here it is;

İzmir %15
Bitlis %20
Bafra %10
Balıkesir %15
Canik %10
Taşova %15
Trabzon %15

If you try this one please leave some reviews.

SmokeStack

Hello Istanbulin,

I wish I had access to all of the tobaccos mentioned above!

I was wondering if you (being an expert in Oriental tobaccos) could give a brief description (i.e., flavor, aroma, taste, etc.) of some of the varieties listed above; I am particularly interested in Trabzon. I have a few seeds of Trabzon from the USDA, but they are a few years old now. I don't have much growing space this year, but I will grow a few plants to get some more seeds. I requested Trabzon seeds from the USDA because I read somewhere that Trabzon is a strong smoke. How would you compare it to Yenidje, Izmir, etc. in terms of strength and flavor?

istanbulin

Founding Member
Hello Istanbulin,

I wish I had access to all of the tobaccos mentioned above!

I was wondering if you (being an expert in Oriental tobaccos) could give a brief description (i.e., flavor, aroma, taste, etc.) of some of the varieties listed above; I am particularly interested in Trabzon. I have a few seeds of Trabzon from the USDA, but they are a few years old now. I don't have much growing space this year, but I will grow a few plants to get some more seeds. I requested Trabzon seeds from the USDA because I read somewhere that Trabzon is a strong smoke. How would you compare it to Yenidje, Izmir, etc. in terms of strength and flavor?

I already wrote some informations about their tastes in some threads but for being more explicit I'll post detailed descriptions about them in tables.

Trabzon is really a very strong tobacco. Although its nicotine amount is very high, it's very low in tar so its taste is not very harsh. Actually the taste of the smoke is neutral but it's really fragrant. I know some people smoking it alone. I tried it few times, IMO its smoke is really clean and dry. After smoking it you don't have a bad breath odor. Even so I don't prefer smoking it alone, it's better when blended (for cigarettes).

leverhead

There's a style of cooking here called Tex-Mex, a cross between Texas and Mexican foods. So Turkish tobacco grown in Texas might be Tex-Turk, I'll have to send you a sample to see what's different.

93rdCanadian

There's a style of cooking here called Tex-Mex, a cross between Texas and Mexican foods. So Turkish tobacco grown in Texas might be Tex-Turk, I'll have to send you a sample to see what's different.

Cool info on the blend I'm looking forward to reading some flavour descriptions. Off topic here but I always thought Tex-Mex was shredded cheese.
m1980032_TexMex.jpg

istanbulin

Founding Member
In Istanbul?!

Of course here, İstanbul is cosmopolite city. I can find all types of food here, from all over the world. But Chinese restaurants can't sell dog meat, it's not allowed here :D

Edit : My favorite cafe is Happy Moon's, take a look at its menu here.

istanbulin

Founding Member
You guys are really funny :D

When Chinese restaurant open in town dog population go down.

I have a friend he's a mining engineer and working for a mining company which produces coal. Whatever, company hired some Chinese workers. My friend said that before Chinese workers every where was full of stray dogs around the mine but after them they all disappared. :D

Boboro

A round here it was ppls. pets. They blamed it on ppl. that fight dogs. Then they went to eat at the new restaurant.

DonH

Of course here, İstanbul is cosmopolite city. I can find all types of food here, from all over the world. But Chinese restaurants can't sell dog meat, it's not allowed here :D

Edit : My favorite cafe is Happy Moon's, take a look at its menu here.
That's great. It looks like American sports bar food is spreading over the planet.

All your posts are making me want to visit Turkey. Especially Istanbul. The history of that city... I just finished a good historical fantasy about 6th century Byzantium, Sailing to Sarantium by Guy Gavriel Kay. Sarantium is the name in his slightly alternative universe for Byzantium.

wazzappenning

i thought the rat population would go down.

and i have tried puro turkish(unsure of exact strain) but it was good.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I just tried some puro BSS-Maden. It's my new favorite tobacco. I then triedn some Big Gem and it was surprisingly similar to BSS-Maden, but a much heavier producer. I would be interested in Big Gem grown like an Oriental. That might be a very interesting smoke. Perhaps Istanbulin could add Big Gem to his grow list. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.