Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Interesting video on determimning the affect a wrapper has on a cigar's taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckP

Howdy Y'all!

Thought I'd share this link to a great video on determining what percentage the wrapper has on the overall taste of the cigar. I have been using this method for a while and think it has improved my cigar blending ability. When ever, I try a commercial or home rolled cigar, I use this technique. It's amazing to taste your favor store bought herf and discover what it tastes like without a wrapper. Of course, my homemade's still don't look a whole lot better, :eek: but they work well for me and my wife. We use the xicar clippers to pull this trick off quite nicely.

I searched on the forum first to make sure it hasn't already been posted. Here you go: http://cigarchronicles.com/cigar-cool/alan-rubin-answers-a-trick-question-on-wrapper-leaf/

Enjoy!!

93rdCanadian

Howdy Y'all!

Thought I'd share this link to a great video on determining what percentage the wrapper has on the overall taste of the cigar. I have been using this method for a while and think it has improved my cigar blending ability. When ever, I try a commercial or home rolled cigar, I use this technique. It's amazing to taste your favor store bought herf and discover what it tastes like without a wrapper. Of course, my homemade's still don't look a whole lot better, :eek: but they work well for me and my wife. We use the xicar clippers to pull this trick off quite nicely.

I searched on the forum first to make sure it hasn't already been posted. Here you go: http://cigarchronicles.com/cigar-cool/alan-rubin-answers-a-trick-question-on-wrapper-leaf/

Enjoy!!

Interesting video, I never even thought of that. I will definitely use this trick to help me in my cigar rolling and tasting, as well as trying it on various commercial cigars. Good find for sure!

marksctm

That is a neat trick to try, I'd like to find that brass and wood tuck cutter in the Mr. Brog add in the upper right corner but can't locate it.

mr-brog-cigar-accessories--300x250.gif

ChuckP

Howdy 93rd!

It never occurred to me either. I kept hearing different theories and wondered many a time on this subject. I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts or observations on both store and homegrown.

RICH

DAMN !!!! Why didn't I think of that? Oh yea I'm to cheap to cut up a good cigar and possible screw it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.