Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

tagging differerent varieties

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzappenning

last grow, i had used hand written strips of paper in the propagator, then wrote on the sides of my individual cups, but apparently lost track of a few.

then i decided i could color code. i tied strips of different colored shopping bags to the base of my plants, since i would start at the base when priming, and then to the start and stop of each variety on my strings.

so yeah thats it. different color shopping bags instead of hand writing for each plant. hope this simplifies it for someone as much as it did for me.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Considering I use my property for financial gain, I make a map of what each plant is, label it on the map. That way if one dies, overly suckers etc I can investigate why.

When in the prop. I just write on the cups and make a map again for that.

wazzappenning

yeah i did the map thing too, but i lost track when putting into cups out of the propagator. so some on my map were best guess?? but i found it easier to look at the bag strip on the bottom of the plant than at the map,(counting three right, four deep...etc) i find you loose track and it takes more time than to mark them.

Status
Not open for further replies.