Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

about Dark Air varieties

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse_01

The hickory pryor and virginia gold you sent me went way beyond my expectations .I grew two sucker crops after the first. I only lost one plant and the worm cut it off at the ground the second week.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
I'm Growing some one sucker for the first time this year. Got 30 of them on the go. I'm going to mix it with my other baccy to make a bold tasting cig (I hope). Anyway, I'm amazed at how different they look from the other plants. The leaves are pointy, thick, and very dark green and getting bigger everyday. If this works well this year I might try another variety next year on top of this one. I will be bagging 4 plants from each variety as well for seed.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I'm Growing some one sucker for the first time this year. Got 30 of them on the go. I'm going to mix it with my other baccy to make a bold tasting cig (I hope). Anyway, I'm amazed at how different they look from the other plants. The leaves are pointy, thick, and very dark green and getting bigger everyday. If this works well this year I might try another variety next year on top of this one. I will be bagging 4 plants from each variety as well for seed.

I've started using a little Dark Air Cured from Don in my cigarette blend. A little goes a long way. Approximately 50% Virginia, 35% Burley, 10% Turkish, 5% Dark Air. Bold flavor, but pretty smooth smoke.

DGBAMA

So "one sucker" is a "dark air"? and if it was grown in the shade to yield a thinner leaf would this yield a "maduro" type wrapper? Not a big cigar guy but I have always like the flavor of the darker wrapped ones better.

workhorse_01

Wait until you see the spiral in the middle of the plant on the healthy ones. also the underside of the one sucker leaves get VERY sticky. They cure almost red and are very smooth.

workhorse_01

If you grow one sucker it's a very thick leaf! it does make a tough binder but it's a long skinny leaf, and harder for me to use to wrap cigars for my buddies.
So "one sucker" is a "dark air"? and if it was grown in the shade to yield a thinner leaf would this yield a "maduro" type wrapper? Not a big cigar guy but I have always like the flavor of the darker wrapped ones better.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
Here are pics taken on June 15th 2013 of the one sucker I got going. seeds were purchased from New hope. The first image is the main plot from wich 4 of the best well be bagged for seed. The second image is one of 2 sets of 5 that I planted in any area I could find (running out of real estate) just to have a little extra.

DPP_0020.jpg

DPP_0025.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.