Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

hey from new Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekylnz

Just registered on the site today,there's so much informative stuff about smoke,I was wondering if there's any issues importing different tobacco seeds into certain countries.cause the only strains I've seen readily available in nz are Virginia gold,burley,and Havana.I would love to hook up with someone that has some nice roll ur own cigarette strains,thanks

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. There's three or four New Zealanders on here. They could better advise you than I can on your laws. Most commercial cigarettes contain burley, virginia and a turkish variety. Sounds like you're well on your way to a nice blend already. All you lack is turkish. Approx. 60% Virginia, 30% Burley, 10% turkish. Adjust up or down to suit your taste.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
My reading indicates the Aussies are real tough on any agricultural import and worse with tobacco. I haven't heard of any other problem countries. -- John

Frozenthunderbolt

I should be able to get you some rustica seeds in a few months time. Got the seed from Seanz and it's growing nicely - a coupple of the guys have got some shadetree, Con. Broadleaf and a few others PA red tip? that i'm also hoping to bludge some seeds from - they're good sports i'm thinking there are several people who's seed supply will depend on how wacked by the weather they get though . . .
What part of NZ are you based in?

Seanz

There is a ferry from Picton (south island) to Wellington. It takes 3 hours to cross. but the quickest is by mechanical bird.
For me the last time I ventured towards the northern climes i drove for hrs. to get to Picton so from now on i tend to fly straight up. There are peeps who swim across Its 22kms at its narrowest point. Can be a unfriendly patch of water with the tasman sea and the pacific meeting in there.

:The waters of Cook Strait are dominated by strong tidal flows. The tidal flow through Cook Strait is unusual in that the tidal elevation at the ends of the strait are almost exactly out of phase with one another, so high water on one side meets low water on the other. Strong currents result, with almost zero tidal height change in the centre of the strait. Although the tidal surge should flow in one direction for six hours and then the reverse direction for six hours, a particular surge might last eight or ten hours with the reverse surge enfeebled. In especially boisterous weather conditions the reverse surge can be negated, and the flow can remain in the same direction through three surge periods and longer. This is indicated on marine charts for the region.[SUP][10][/SUP] Furthermore the submarine ridges running off from the coast complicate the ocean flow and turbulence

jekylnz

Hey man welcome to the Forum, I might be able to help you out. Pm me your address and i will see what I can send

I live in papakura south of Auckland,good to see some fellow kiwis on here getting there shit together to stop paying ridiculous tobacco taxes by growing their own,the last price increase was enough for me to start growing it.
At the mo iv Been smoking some of my Virginia that's only about four weeks dry.I usually get a pinch of citric acid,a dash of maple syrup,same of glucose,about 2 ml alcohol,about 2 ml of home brew Jamaican rum flavour,and a couple of drops of anaseed ,with about half a cup of boiling water, mix it up, spray it on ,and crash dry it in the oven on about 100c,it comes out better than u think it would even tho it's still to green,it's saving me about $140 per week,and it's obviously not to bad if I've managed to get the Mrs smoking it too!!we usually smoke about 4 30grams a week(she's from down your way,in balclutha,my eldest daughter was born there to.)
,I've also been looking on line at a few different ideas on home made kilns,and ideas for cutting machines,the knife can be a bit ruff and thick at times,so if u have any cheap ideas,it would be much appreciated,and any burley or Turkish strains or whatever,I can send seeds back,( p.s. do strains cross when grown around each other)

thanks for you're time and email ,anything or any help from someone that's already made my mistakes would be much appreciated,..my address is -Auckland,nth island.

Last edited by a moderator:

jekylnz

I should be able to get you some rustica seeds in a few months time. Got the seed from Seanz and it's growing nicely - a coupple of the guys have got some shadetree, Con. Broadleaf and a few others PA red tip? that i'm also hoping to bludge some seeds from - they're good sports i'm thinking there are several people who's seed supply will depend on how wacked by the weather they get though . . .
What part of NZ are you based in?

I live in papakura sth Auckland,im pretty new at this,but with the last price iincrease putting a 30 gram ova $30 that was it for me,at the mo I've only got Virginia growing so I've been smoking that,even tho it's only about four weeks dry,I spray it with rum flavour,maple syrup,anaseed,glucose,and a little citric and alcohol,and crash dry it in the oven,its not as bad as it sounds, well I've had the Mrs smoking it for about 3 weeks so it can't be that bad,u know wat women are like,they're fussier than us males,haha,so yeah I thought id get on to a site with some people that know wat they're doing,and already made the mistakes I probably will,good to here there's a few kiwis sorting shit out.

skychaser

There will soon be a retail distributor for tobacco seeds in New Zealand. I will post a link when their site is up and running. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.