Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3sws

Hi - I'm Jay and I am excited to start growing this spring. I am a cigar smoker and would love to create some of my own wonderful coronas :) I'm tired of paying to smoke - so I think it will be fun and interesting to make my own masterpieces (hopefully). I really want to perfect the cigar rolling and blending process. Looking forward to some Havana 142 and some Black sea Samsun. Can't wait to read all the wonderful information here.

Thx!

Aaron

Welcome Jay! :) Glad to have you with us. This is an exciting and rewarding experience growing your own tobacco. You are in good company here and I'm sure in time you will be rolling cigars that will rival your favorites.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum! Here's some good reading to get you started on your journey. You'll love this hobby.
http://fairtradetobacco.com/links.php?ab_s=1
You'll need to find out your latest average frost date, maybe this will work in Canada, I don't know for sure:http://fairtradetobacco.com/showthread.php?781-Last-and-First-Frost-Date-When-Is-It-Really

There's quite a few Canadians on board that will be more than happy to share their knowledge. This is getting to be more of an International coummunity every day.

indianjoe

Founding Member
Welcome Jay,
you should find all the information you need to get a good grow this year round here.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Hi Jay. Welcome to our merry band. Browse, read and enjoy. Ask what you can't find and above enjoy growing your own. I started three years ago and haven't bought a cigar in a year. I love it!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
PS- put your general location in your profile. When you have questions, alot of the answers will depend on where you're from.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Welcome Jay, You 'll be hit with some up front costs in your path to making your own cigars but after a year or two you should be able to roll very good tasting cigars for a few pennies a stick!

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I don't know your preferences in cigars but my knee jerk reaction is to recommend against a 142/turk mix cigar. Seems too mild to the excess for a cigar

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i'd start them as early as possible, being you have such a short season, and a bacca plant takes a while to mature,

ve3sws

I don't know your preferences in cigars but my knee jerk reaction is to recommend against a 142/turk mix cigar. Seems too mild to the excess for a cigar

You could be very right. I was just trying to imagine what a 'Camels' mixed with a cigar with taste like ;) I'm green at this so, probably a Burley and Havana would be a better mix. Thx!

ve3sws

Welcome Jay, You 'll be hit with some up front costs in your path to making your own cigars but after a year or two you should be able to roll very good tasting cigars for a few pennies a stick!

I'm really looking forward to making a profession grade cigar. The videos I have seen are incredible. Some of these guys roll a beauty Havana in about 3 minutes. I can't wait! Thx for the welcome :)

ve3sws

PS- put your general location in your profile. When you have questions, alot of the answers will depend on where you're from.

I'll put my info in the profile correctly - Thanks for the heads up :) I'm 8 miles west of Callander, Ontario, on the south shore of Lake Nipissing. Usually we are frost free from May 24th to October 1st. Just had Minus 38 F last Wednesday, but will be 90 F in June, July and August.

ve3sws

Hi Jay. Welcome to our merry band. Browse, read and enjoy. Ask what you can't find and above enjoy growing your own. I started three years ago and haven't bought a cigar in a year. I love it!

Sure will ask if I can't find, Johnlee. Thanks again. Looking forward to something fresh - unlike the Old Ports that I usually smoke. I liked them but too expensive and now full of sticks and they mushroom burn sometimes. Just gone to hell. Some burley wrapper and burley fill makes those I believe. Thx!

ve3sws

Welcome Jay! :) Glad to have you with us. This is an exciting and rewarding experience growing your own tobacco. You are in good company here and I'm sure in time you will be rolling cigars that will rival your favorites.

Such a great group - What a great welcome - Thanks again!

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yeah watching our nz buddies have all the fun is driving me crazy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.