Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Drying in the bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceansgreen

I was curious if anyone has tried to dry their baccy in the bathroom?

where i am the humdity is very low a majority of the time and its hard to salvage or create any humidity without buying a humidifier or buying more space to build or buy a shed or separate space that can be entirely devoted to drying the leaves
so i was wondering if it was hanging in a place that got a good bit of steam at least once a day if that would keep things humid enough for at least the inner leaves in each hand to dry properly without too much green being left on?

wazzappenning

i was going to try it with my hang this year, to re humidify it, but it already was packed too tight in the shed and got moldy, then brittle dry in the basement. also i tried to bag and spray some dry scraps, and place them near a forced heat vent. it didnt do much browning, but the flavor i got out of the already or almost brown leaf was amazing. i had it there for about a month.

if you did do it, i was thinking maybe with the midrib removed there would be less chance of mold.

BarG

Founding Member
I was curious if anyone has tried to dry their baccy in the bathroom?

where i am the humdity is very low a majority of the time and its hard to salvage or create any humidity without buying a humidifier or buying more space to build or buy a shed or separate space that can be entirely devoted to drying the leaves
so i was wondering if it was hanging in a place that got a good bit of steam at least once a day if that would keep things humid enough for at least the inner leaves in each hand to dry properly without too much green being left on?

You need to leave an air space between each leaf [about an inch between 2 leaves hung with underneathside mid ribs touching ] till color cured then the low humidity won't matter to fully dry the stem. Or an inch or finger width between individual leaves hung all facing the same.

Boboro, you'l need to buy and drink alot more beer for next years grow to have enough storage.;)

Randy

Hey Boboro in those boxes for storgae of your tobacco..did you put in plastic bags? or just put box by it self?

Randy

Randy

Thanks Boboro was just wondering I read u could store finished tobacco for long-time storage by putting in boxes/plastic containers to keep for while

Randy

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yes to just putting leaf in a box, that's the best way I've found to store it by far.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
so oceansgreen,,,, where have you decided to dry your bacca at,?

id do it in a closet, if i had no other place, use a crock pot for humidity,,, and a radiator type heater, or a heat lamp. for heat,

oceansgreen

thats a nice idea chicken, i like it
i dont think this house has any extra closet space though...

ok so drying in hands = bad idea but is it possible for the bathroom to produce enough humidity for proper drying if hung with proper spacing?

do realize the average humidity around here is around 11% on cloudy days it MIGHT reach 30% or so but its normally really dry air around here, occasionally with a good rain we do get high humidity but it doesnt last very long
perfect for drying things like seeds or clothes, but not so great for drying baccy

Status
Not open for further replies.