Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pipe and Cigar Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markw

This will be my second year in growing and I have six other friends who wish to try growing tobacco this year
I will be looking at growing some cigar tobacco Little Dutch /142 etc but I was looking at some others that would be ok for pipe for some of my friends, has anyone got any recommendations what would be good. the thing is I don't want them to sit on it for a year or so, I am looking at some strains that can be smoked without to much aging so they don't loose interest has anyone got any recommendations.

Mark w

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I like Big Gem. In my experience it smokes fine after curing and is very mild. All the other tobaccos I've grown require some aging. BSS-Maden is pretty good without aging but like all tobaccos is better WITH aging.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I was gifted some silver river the other day that I really liked straight up in a pipe, but it was kilned. You may want to grow some of the varieties that don't need much aging to tide you over until you have some aged. There are alot of stand alone varieties that are good in a pipe but all the ones I've tried have been aged or kilned.

Status
Not open for further replies.