Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Any Nornicotine info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geomist

Something builds up in your system, Food safe antifreeze?

Unfounded without reference. Never heard of such a scenario you describe. Glad to hear you're enjoying life and growing your own now, however, just as you and other forum users (even me) want to protect your "hobby", I'd like it if rumormill pop-misinfo on ecigs were qualified with some common sense... a little respect please. Ya'll don't know me, where I'm from, or where I've been, and I feel I've been pre-judged simply because of my interest in e-liquid. Don't put me in a box because I made the mistake of giving an honest answer to skychaser's inquisition.

workhorse_01

I did a search for the dangers associated with e-cigs, and here's what I got.

A 2009 FDA analysis of e-cigarettes from two leading brands found that the samples contained carcinogens and other hazardous chemicals, including diethylene glycol, which is found in antifreeze. Last year, a report from Greek researchers found that using e-cigarettes increased breathing difficulty in both smokers and non-smokers, according to Medical News Today.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
The problem with the FDA is that for the most part they are an incompetent organization that routinely disseminates false information. I reasonably intelligent individual should not take any advice from the FDA.

workhorse_01

The real problem with e-cigs is there isn't a large enough community with enough time to tell what will go wrong. And you're right, I don't trust them either! I just did one search and that popped up.
The problem with the FDA is that for the most part they are an incompetent organization that routinely disseminates false information. I reasonably intelligent individual should not take any advice from the FDA.

Brown Thumb

Unfounded without reference. Never heard of such a scenario you describe. Glad to hear you're enjoying life and growing your own now, however, just as you and other forum users (even me) want to protect your "hobby", I'd like it if rumormill pop-misinfo on ecigs were qualified with some common sense... a little respect please. Ya'll don't know me, where I'm from, or where I've been, and I feel I've been pre-judged simply because of my interest in e-liquid. Don't put me in a box because I made the mistake of giving an honest answer to skychaser's inquisition.
No offense intended, If it was not for the lumps, boils, swollen face, and my wife experienced some of the same not to the degree I had I would possibly still be vaping.
Funny thing when she quit and I went back to smoking it all went away.
My face is burned per say for life.
Hell I smoke and am judged every day by none smokers.
I don't give a chit!
People come to my business for a free estimate and it smells like smoke in the office and complain, I just tell them to wait out side. I well never see them again anyway.

geomist

Hell I smoke and am judged every day by none smokers.
I don't give a chit!
People come to my business for a free estimate and it smells like smoke in the office and complain, I just tell them to wait out side. I well never see them again anyway.

That right there's a by-product of the anti-smoking propaganda many of us grew up with. These anti-smoking orgs and pharmaceutical companies (certainly backed by big gov) have forcibly changed American culture with their unrelenting/fervent messages. They surely didn't see the ecig thing coming, and now, after pumping tons of $ into the NRT industry (nic patches/gum/etc) they don't know what the hell their looking --- they are so far removed from the smoking-culture that they can't seem to wrap their heads around this thing that mimics the smoking action. Lots of regulation to come for sure.

About your bad ecig experience: the liquid you used had "propylene glycol" as carrier base (thats the base whose chemical structure is similar to antifreeze...it is not antifreeze).... though I've never heard of the boils phenomenon, I did have a weird kind of cough/scratchy throat until getting better liquid (coulda been tolerance too, who knows).... "vegetable glycerin" is probably a better choice for carrier base in e-liquid, especially for ppl with bad reactions to the propylene glycol.

Boboro

We don't know you. The last thing we want is a dead kid in front of the viper room with a E cig. in one hand and a tap to talk with a link to FTT in the other. If Brown thumb says E cig messed him up ,it did. I allway thought somethan was wrong with that boy. The other thing is I like to give folks a hard time, for my entertainment. Hell I said c-gars smeld like an old garbage can fire the other day. Nobody said a dam thang. So don't get offended by E cig raggin. We a free thinkin bunch and will talk an talk.Thats why we the best dam backer site on the net.

Brown Thumb

We don't know you. The last thing we want is a dead kid in front of the viper room with a E cig. in one hand and a tap to talk with a link to FTT in the other. If Brown thumb says E cig messed him up ,it did. I allway thought somethan was wrong with that boy. The other thing is I like to give folks a hard time, for my entertainment. Hell I said c-gars smeld like an old garbage can fire the other day. Nobody said a dam thang. So don't get offended by E cig raggin. We a free thinkin bunch and will talk an talk.Thats why we the best dam backer site on the net.
ROFL

MsHomesmoke

So if we don't know you,fill us in.No need to be defensive.And growing and processing tobacco isn't a hobby.These days it's the best defense against smoking chemically treated tobacco and paying way too much for it.So please enlighten us as to why you feel a need to concentrate something that is already so concentrated it can make you sick if you ingest it in its pure form.I am curious......???

workhorse_01

If we've bothered you by caring for an individual that we've never met, I apologize. We have a general care for the people who sign up on this site, and we don't mind telling people. I'm sure there are other sites where the people will sit back and not ask questions, and possibly read about you later in the news paper.

Southern Planter

Propylene glycol is not a poison, it is used in injected drugs, and food. Anti-freeze is only poisonous because the Federal Guberment can't stand the thought of people drinking it without taxing it, so it gives Prestone a choice, put a tax stamp on it or poison it.

DonH

Propylene glycol is not a poison, it is used in injected drugs, and food. Anti-freeze is only poisonous because the Federal Guberment can't stand the thought of people drinking it without taxing it, so it gives Prestone a choice, put a tax stamp on it or poison it.
Isn't Mountain Dew just Prestone with carbonation? ;)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Automotive radiator antifreeze is ethylene glycol. When consumed and metabolized, its byproducts ultimately damage your kidneys and can cause an abrupt lowering of your serum calcium. No need to invoke the actions of your elected government. Ethylene glycol is toxic all by itself.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.