Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The perfect cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I found mine,choosing which varietys to use, but my tastes keep changing to match the varietys I have on hands. I found a guinea pig to test my menthols, I'm working on a Kool. The closest so far is the upper leaves of havana 425 kilned in a menthol filter tube. It has a bit of kick but no cigar. Its fun to try.

leverhead

I haven't messed with menthols yet, I'm still having fun tweaking tobacco types rather than varieties. This year I'm looking forward to having a bunch of different Turkish/Orientals to work with, that should keep me busy for another year. I started out thinking I could copy something store bought. After finding out that a good tasting blend can end up being allot of different things, I don't want to smoke the same thing all the time anymore. It's allot like cooking, there's too many good blends to make to settle on just one.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I haven't messed with menthols yet, I'm still having fun tweaking tobacco types rather than varieties. This year I'm looking forward to having a bunch of different Turkish/Orientals to work with, that should keep me busy for another year. I started out thinking I could copy something store bought. After finding out that a good tasting blend can end up being allot of different things, I don't want to smoke the same thing all the time anymore. It's allot like cooking, there's too many good blends to make to settle on just one.

i agree, i dont need no casing additives,

just blending different kinds of bacca, is flavour enough for me,

and if your going turkish do some research on them, some are very low producers while others are great producers, i.e. OTTOMAN-... BURSA...

2 massive producing plants, ,,,and a good bacca for a mix,

leverhead

I grew Ottoman and Samsun last year, I'm really pleased with both of them. Production per plant isn't that important to me, production per square foot of garden is more important. The most important is taste! That and I get to grow out a bunch of seed. I'd like to see what an all Turkish blend tastes like.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have a new BarG blend. Air cured virginia, YTB, TN90 and Bursa. I went heavy on the Bursa and it has a wonderful Turkish overtone but not overpowering. Thanks BarG. Oh and Fm, the TN90 was WLT.

janetta007

There is so much information on cigarette blends it makes me dizzy reading. LOL

What are your thoughts on this blend,50% air cured burley tn 90 40% flue cured virginia 20% Turkish.

driftinmark

i think the burley would overpower everything....try 60 % flue cure, 30 turkish and 10 burley.....great flavor and still enough body

DonH

i think the burley would overpower everything....try 60 % flue cure, 30 turkish and 10 burley.....great flavor and still enough body
I agree. 50% Burley would be pretty harsh. But you could blend a small amount of that and try it. You can always add more Flue Cured and Turkish if it's too harsh.

leverhead

For a Burley, no toasting or casing, I don't go over 20%. For a Turkish component, I haven't gone over 20%, that may change this year. Maryland and dark air cured work wonders in small amounts. For my taste, flue-cured is most of the blend.

Boboro

I just shred the 1st. thing in the colset.put the special casein with lots of acl. in it. its all the same. I just need to up the nic.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I just shred the 1st. thing in the colset.put the special casein with lots of acl. in it. its all the same. I just need to up the nic.

Leverhead turned me on to this - Maryland to smooth out the Burley, Dark Air to bring the nicotine back up. Nice flavor too.

Boboro

I just need enuff nic. to bring me to the edge. Ill back it up from thir.Like smokein psycho slaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.