Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Presses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Don, I guess I hadn't considered that, I do appreciate all your guys' help, I just don't want the intent of the thread to get lost in 5 pages of posts.

DonH

I got the press Michibacy sent in the mail today. It looks good, I haven't tried it out yet, but I am happy with what I see. It's a good value, especially when you take into account the two C-clamps - those aren't cheap. I'll try it out as soon as I can (I'll be away on a trip this week) and take some pics. Looking forward to it. There's something satisfying about a brick of tobacco.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Thanks for the feedback Don, I appreciate it.

---------------------

Note: The promotional price is now done, Cost for a unit is $50 plus shipping and handling.

I am keeping this thread open so that others can ask questions, leave feedback or buy one.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I'm working on another design of the same brick press, it'll be cheaper coming in at $45 (not including shipping) that will be just as heavy duty but won't include the vice grips (instead it will include a simple hardware package) less weight, less cost.

BigMikeChevy

can you take some pictures to show the newbies what a finished press and the steps of loading and what the finished product compressed brick looks like. might help you with the sales.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I have to assemble a version 2 but yes I will, I need to get some for my business' website anyways so I'll do it all at once :)

I would love to sell these commercially if at all possible, even if on small scale.

Wagner

I experimented with pressing a few times out of simple curiosity. Wax paper was convenient but there was wax transfer onto the tobacco. Probably not a big deal but didn't like it myself. What I did come up with was re-purposing standard issue grocery bags. Trim the seam off the bottom of the bag, slit one side and wrap up the baccy like it was cling wrap, with out all the cussing that goes with the cling part.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Used heavy duty freezer bags are what I use for pressing tortillas, you just pull them apart at the zip part and the sides seperate cleanly, and it's a really heavy gauge, for tobacco you might even leave it together so you can seal it after pressing. Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.