Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigarette Prices (moved from Explain your name)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Ahh ok thats good idea..Iwas going to order from leafonly many months ago before had I had health proplems before found this site but Im glad didnt all heard was bad things abt that site since ..Tell you secerect proise not to tell!! talk to Albamakuckles he gives alot free tobacco away to people he likes {not me of course}

Randy

What? What? OK I'm awake now, what happened? I wake up with an inbox full of tobacco orders? It doesn't pay to fall asleep around these guys.

wazzappenning

as for prices, my brother is also in the bay area, but he got transfered for just over a year to north carolina. i think the prices there were ok, but if you went over to south carolina, then you got some good prices.

heres a tax price map for the us. i guess prices have gone up as this site says it was 7 cents tax in sc, and $4.25 total price in nyc 3 years ago.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091026071021AAqSAbl

http://www.tobaccofreekids.org/research/factsheets/pdf/0222.pdf

also, while looking for a total price map, i found some ny guys saying they pay $12 a pack. thats for standard 20 packs i imagine.

heres one for canada, in case anyone is curious.(total per carton)

http://www.nsra-adnf.ca/cms/file/files/121120_map_and_table_reviewed.pdf

i imagine its just as illegal to ship cigs from one state to another as it is to ship from province to province. the funniest sign i saw was entering manitoba. it read something like "voluntary out of province cigarette tax station. please report with your tobacco items." i drove by laughing...

wazzappenning

yup, its to deter people from smoking...lol, its cause they love misspending tax dollars i think is more like it.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Yep, just like prohibition. From 1920 to 1933 that evil demon alcohol was prohibited. I was born in 1933. Thank God they got their heads on straight in time! I'm just surprised it took big brewers/distillers that long to buy the repeal votes. I suspect the IRS was also a strong supporter of repeal.

istanbulin

Founding Member
... i found some ny guys saying they pay $12 a pack. thats for standard 20 packs i imagine....

Last year, I paid $15 for a pack of KS Marlboro (only 20 cigarettes) in Manhattan ! Then I saw that the same cigarette was about $11 in Queens ! BTW, its taste was terrible. I smoked Marlboro produced in Turkey, it was better than the US made (but I don't like its taste too). Also, Swiss made Marlboro really sucks. These three ones really have different tastes, whatever it is.

Ok, prices are astonomical but why are they changing within neighborhoods ? Also it's changing seller to seller in the same neighborhood.

Here, the price of a pack of cigarette (any brand) never changes place to place. A seller can't determine a special price. Even if you buy them in a multi millioner neighborhood or in a small town prices are always the same.

As a footnote, a pack of Marlboro and equivalents are $ 5.15 and domestic cigarettes (like Samsun) are about $3.45-4 here.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I mace y'all beat. 7.98 for Marlboro shitty blend...oops, special blend. After tax, And I'm getting more and more customers interested in whole leaf!

jekylnz

We are paying $20 nzd for a standard(crap )pack of cigs ova here.for malboro ,dunhill .etc.even more.so it probably would b on the high side of $15 U.S.D RIPT OFF!!!that's government tax for ya.the smokes probably are only worth $3

Seanz

We are paying $20 nzd for a standard(crap )pack of cigs ova here.for malboro ,dunhill .etc.even more.so it probably would b on the high side of $15 U.S.D RIPT OFF!!!that's government tax for ya.the smokes probably are only worth $3
And it will increase in a month or so they trying to price it out of the masses. all that happens is something else goes. food, healthcare, Heating
Bring on more growers

jekylnz

And it will increase in a month or so they trying to price it out of the masses. all that happens is something else goes. food, healthcare, Heating
Bring on more growers
Yeah your definitely right,u can't make anyone give up anything if they don't want to,or aren't ready to..like u say they stop something else first,and the kids end up missing out ,starving,un clothed ,& suffering .their smoke free .nz plan will back fire and end up costing them more in the long run.then when they're reckt the whole country they'll say"we didn't think that would happen "

Matty

We just got another tax hike in Canada, $1.00 - $1.50 increase per pack, I heard. That would make a standard brand about $11.00 - $13.00. Sure hope my grow turns out this summer.

Boboro

If they really wanted you to quit they would take you to the town sq. and shot you in the head. They are just a buncha thifes.

squeezyjohn

Prices of a pack of Marlboro here in the UK are £7.91 for 20 reds. In US money that makes $12.13 !!!

When I was still smoking tailor mades back in the 1990s - they were £3 ... almost all the increase is the tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.