ARE YOU READY [ for the upcoming bacca season ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ive seen where some members are still scrambling for seed,,,

are you ready?

im in the process, of removing more grass, and expanding my backyard plot, ihave all my fertilizer bagged and in the shed, [ ive done thru a little]

soon i'll be making a door for my open air shed,so i can seal it from the elements, [ last year mold hurt me ]

. BUG KILLER > very important, i allready have my bottle of B.T.

POTTING SOIL? some will use it, i use it for starting purposes only.

IRRIGATION> our weather is tropical, so i rarely water, but im looking into drip-line,

..KILN> will you have one,? mines built fully functional and quiet large, last year it performed flawless,

SHREDDING> i.m.o. the most difficult part of the bacca processing step. i invested in a powermatic shredder, and it's money well spent,

STORAGE> not a big thing, but if you plan on storing it would be wise to get your mason jars [which i use 1 gallon size ] or plastic containers or tin;s,, e,t,c, toghter,

SEEDS > and plant size fall into this catagory,, you dont want to grow a short plant strain, behind a tall plant strain, make sure your grarden is uniform,tall to the back, short to the front, so they all get full sun

WEED CONTROL > weeds encourage diesease, so make sure you got5 this covered, i line my rows with a phourous fabric, that lets the water in, but kepps the weeds out,

LET'S GROW SOME DAMN BACCA,:cool:

Randy

Chicken HOLD-ON

Havent you been told yet abt you have to wait until WE can grow before you start?? by theway my son LOVES your cigar rolling video hes made me play it I now 10 times already LOL

Randy

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'm just hung on the types. I can't actually do anything yet outside cause it's frozen solid, gonna figure out what to get started tho cause I'm gonna start in March instead of April this year.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I'm fairly ready. I need to remove grass, maybe I'll go do it...wait...freezing rain since 3pm, I guess I gotta wait until march to work that up :p

Randy

leverhead..you must wait rest us..if not I{we TENN's}will come back and take the alamo back!!! lol

Randy

Randy

Had good sign today oh..saw first redbird and clovers is greening-up good not long now until thinking abt tilling!!

Randy

Randy

To be honest abt it Im so-ready for the growing season I have calndar in front of me counting down the days one-at-time.cant wait until spring!!!

Randy

Randy

NAAA..I will leave you Texas boys alone..have enogh fighting them dang yankees Ohio,Marlyland,CT,Wisc,etc..I alwas thoght you Texas,Flordia guys would help-out!!! LOL

Randy

johnlee1933

Founding Member
NAAA..I will leave you Texas boys alone..have enogh fighting them dang yankees Ohio,Marlyland,CT,Wisc,etc..I alwas thoght you Texas,Flordia guys would help-out!!! LOLRandy
I say old man, let's get that right. It's damn​ Yankees to you! LOL

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well it's good to see '' we'' are getting ready,

i should be putting plants in the ground around april.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Chicken - I'm ready, too. I got my landscape cloth, drip for drought, seeds (most of them), tractors been serviced, float trays, lumber for drying racks, enough whole leaf to get me through a year and my signs and moon calender.

Lakota

Founding Member
Ready ? Not yet, we still have -35 weather and 2 feet of snow. Will more than likely have another 2 feet. I will start my seeds around the middle to end of March. I usually try to plant somewhere around June 1st to 5th. I wish I lived in a warmer climate. Russ

wazzappenning

i wish i could start earlier too. you know that old saying april showers, may flowers? i made a new one that i think applies here. april snows, may blows. (as in sucks)

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well . looks like we got the real deal on bacca fertilizer at work,

i guess we will be delivering it to georgia, because no-one grows bacca anymore in fla.

it's n-p-k- is 3-8-24

i got a bag of it yesterday, but i need 2 more bags of it,

Status
Not open for further replies.