Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

It's about time I learned-Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

B L Duncan

After years of smoking marlboro cigs I have recently branched out and decided to find a cheaper way to enjoy tobacco. I'm still experimenting, thankfully I found this wonderful community. This year I will be trying to grow tobacco for the first time, and that is how I found my way to this awesome community. Any tips and hints would be appreciated.

B L

johnlee1933

Founding Member
After years of smoking marlboro cigs I have recently branched out and decided to find a cheaper way to enjoy tobacco. I'm still experimenting, thankfully I found this wonderful community. This year I will be trying to grow tobacco for the first time, and that is how I found my way to this awesome community. Any tips and hints would be appreciated.

B L
Welcome B.L to FTT. I suggest you read the FAQ's (button at top of page). They have lot's of basic info. I've been growing for 3 years and I still consult them when I am uncertain. If you will add your general location to your sign in it will help guys target their answers. If you do decide to start you might want to start a "grow log". You'll see plenty of example threads. It's a good way to remember what you have done (And entertains the rest of us. LOL)

Grow good and have fun. Oh Yeah, Save $$$'s

John

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
What ever that crap they put on them so they wont stay lit is horroble.

Ha...and that's "premium" tobacco. You guys wouldn't believe the crap that goes into RYO "Pipe". I wouldn't hit a dead dog in the ass with that crap.

Did I ever tell you guys my Flue Cured Bright leaf is hand harvested, racked, cured and baled? I've become pretty good friends with my supplier and he pulls all of the highest quality leaf from over a million pounds for me. I've seen bales of tobacco with weeds and grass and all kinds of crap sticking out of it. Big tobacco won't buy that, but the guys who make "pipe" tobacco do. Next time you see a pound of RYO pipe tobacco for $10, pass it up...trust me, you don't want to smoke it.

leverhead

tobacco with weeds and grass and all kinds of crap sticking out of it.

When I was still using that crap, I found string, brown paper, even a big old chip of stainless steel. I like the way they shave the mid rib real fine and mix it in. They're just goddamned crooks. If it wasn't for whole leaf, I'd quit smoking.

B L Duncan

Thanks all, this is all good info seeming how I said I was new studing tobacco and I'm just starting to learn the ins and outs of RYO. I started with a couple cheap pipe tobaccos. After trying different mixes, I've found a combo I can tolerate. My next purchase is going to be online-- going to get whole leaf and see if I can find a mix that satisifies my tastes. As mentioned before I like Marlboro, and I also enjoyed Pall Mall. Is there any blends, and good places to purchase that anyone can suggest? Any help for the newbie would be appreciated. And thanks again guys!

B L Duncan

Thanks all, this is all good info seeming how I said I was new to studing tobacco and I'm just starting to learn the ins and outs of RYO. I started with a couple cheap pipe tobaccos. After trying different mixes, I've found a combo I can tolerate. My next purchase is going to be online-- going to get whole leaf and see if I can find a mix that meets my tastes. As mentioned before I like Marlboro, and I also enjoyed Pall Mall. Is there any blends, and good places to purchase that anyone can suggest? Any help for the newbie would be appreciated. And thanks again guys!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I suggest trying the cigarette sampler at www.wholeleaftobacco.com. A decent place to start blending is with about 60% virginia, 30% burley and 10% turkish. Add some dark air cured for flavor. Adjust your ratio up or down from there with the burley and viginia to your taste. You'll hit something you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.