Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Containers for Shredded Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmac

Why not use canning jars by the case, save the box they come in. They have cardboard dividers between each jar. No breakage unless you drop the whole case. Also like stogie told me save your mayo lids and you'll have a one piece lid.
Boil some water,turn it off, drop the lids in for a couple of minutes, put hot lids on jars of tobacco and they will seal. Pour it out of jar and your hand won't get stuck!
Party's over!

Gmac

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Don't waste your time heating the jar or lid. You will get just as good a seal by just screwing down the lid with no heating.

Gmac

I keep my shredded bacca in 1gal. zip lock bags. Is thir an advantage to usein jars?
I use five gallon food grade (pp 5) buckets free from the local Pigley Wigley deli with Gamma Ray locking lids for my leaf laminia, holds case for months. I use a Perlite plastic container from the discount store [verycheap, last a lifetime] for my weeks worth of shredded. It is about 1/2 gallon size, twelve inches tall, has blue trim around the top. It has a small flap plug on the top that you can open, then press down to squeeze air out. creates a vacum. Holds Case all week, cause I get bored rolling cigarettes, and like to roll them fresh every day. [nothing worse than a stale smoke!]

Gmac

burge

I aved some of the tubs from Cdn tobacco and I think they are some of the best storage containers. Not sure if you can buy them though.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Cool site dude, those 5 gal zip lock mylar bags look perfect for us. Could really safely store a bunch right like that.

greenmonster714

burge

I read the description on the bags and for me I would be wondering if the oxygen absorbers would prevent aging.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
For the tins, I had to just go to the home page and search for "tin". There is no description at all, other than "metal," so I would be cautious about placing an alkaline tobacco mix into them.

Bob

burge

I like the plastic tubs that Canadian tobacco companies use. I would be cautious too. Canadian tobacco when it was in tins was in a plastic liner bag if I recall.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I read the description on the bags and for me I would be wondering if the oxygen absorbers would prevent aging.

I believe that they would prevent aging or possibly change the aging process from aerobic to anaerobic. I only use O2 absorbers on tobaccos that have Latakia since Latakia has a tendency to fade over time, I'm hoping the O2 absorber prevents that. Blends with lots of Virginia, I do not use the absorbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.