Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Brittle dry...note to self. Don't let the tobacco get brittle dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBonner

Founding Member
LOL, I would love to have a video of that. I think she was telling you to bring her a box of chocolate next time and maybe she will tell you some secrets :)

I have also read about the steam included in the toasting process.

The plot thickens

In my younger days I might have gotten by with just smilling but now it would take more than chocolate .
We may have to send in johnlee to sweet talk her . I believe she knows more than I was asking .

The place is where the tobacco co-op buys and processes their tobacco the name is Vahn . They are the redryers and shredders for several companies .

Matty

I tried the black cavendish process with some TN90, it took away all the harshness and throat impact, it also smelled like baked apples half way through the steaming.

Matty

In all honesty I only tried it once the day after I made it and then put it away to "age" a bit. I'll dig it out tomorrow and give it another try.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Fm - are you wanting to sell toasted Burley or are you looking to eliminate the ammonia smell?

BigBonner

Founding Member
Don i found the following link on my travels, talks about using steam to condition tobacco http://www.bae.uky.edu/ext/Tobacco/tobacco_cond.htm

The steamers in the link is for farmers to use on their tobacco when the weather is dry and the farmer wants the burley in case to be able to strip their crop . I don't have one but would like to own one .
It is for steaming in the barn or tobacco that is already taken down and may be dry . They use the steamer to bring the tobacco in order for strippinf off the stalk .

The steamers used in the processing is way different .

Matty

How did you rate the taste/flavor? -·- John

So I just tried some, a quick cig to check it out. The main aroma and taste of the smoke still resembles the TN90 but without the nutty characteristics. It is somewhat bitter like a cigar and has a cigar aroma.

Status
Not open for further replies.